Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village.
Are we ready to light up Keevil for Christmas 2020?
It’s only a week now till Keevil starts its annual WI Advent Window Trail, and this year we have a feeling we might be pulling out all the stops to light up the village and fill it with Christmas cheer to chase away the shadows of Covid-19 on these dark winter nights. And we’re not the only ones – this year Steeple Ashton will be following our splendid lead, so let’s show them how it’s done! 🙂
WI President Jan Maskrey still has one or two Advent numbers left, so if you want to take part you can reach her on 870438 or email@example.com
Of course, you don’t need a number to get into the spirit of things and go a little bit Christmas bonkers with lanterns, lights, anything that puts a sparkle in your window, round your door, or on your lawn will put a smile on all our faces and warm our hearts, so don’t hold back – in this very peculiar year we can still celebrate the very best of a village Christmas.
Well, it’s not quite the extensive social calendar we’re used to at this time of year, but Eric Lepine’s Pop-up Takeaway will be back outside the village hall on Friday 4th December with a super autumn menu of CHICKEN EN CROUTE or PITHIVIERS OF MUSHROOM AND TARRAGON (v), all with potatoes sauteed with french beans and carrots and a French green salad, plus honey and apricot slice for dessert – booking details here, any questions or feedback to Pat Tucker
There are still some Books of Keevil available if there is a space on your bookshelf crying out for some local history – these are a collectors treat and full of local lore, stories and snippets of history that in many cases is only now kept alive by the pages of these books. Each is £5.00, or two for £8.00, available from Myra Link 01380 870326 firstname.lastname@example.org
SmartWater Security Marking – since the last article Paul had 6 ‘expressions of interest’ (one who wanted 2 packs) so that leaves us tantalisingly close to the magic 10 we need to go ahead. So Paul has extended the deadline to Sunday 13th December to see if we can get those last 3 or 4. One £19.95+vat pack includes sufficient liquid to mark 30 items, labels and five years registration. More detail here, if you are interested please get in touch with Paul Lenaerts 870186 or email: email@example.com
Parish and Planning matters…
- In case you didn’t see the update to the recent Buzz about road closure work outside Beech Cottage next week, it’s been cancelled for the time being.
- The Parish Council no longer gets a crime report from the Community Policing Team, but you can check on the latest news, statistics and any local crime reports on the Trowbridge Area CPT web pages here.
- If you missed the last Parish Council meeting and would like to catch up on the discussion, the audio recording has been made available on the PC’s website here.
- Application 20/07934/FUL to replace a fence panel with a new section of boundary wall and a short wall extension at 78 Main Street has been APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS | Case Officer report here..
- The target date for a decision for Application 20/03881/FUL has been moved once again and is now 11th December. The application is for the redevelopment of an existing barn and the expansion of an existing annex into part of the adjoining Dutch Barn at The Fields, Stables Cottage, Keevil. Revised drawings have been added to the documents available here
It seems like only yesterday we were watching some of the last gathering and baling in the fields behind the Recreation Ground. A new work-in-progress gallery documenting the activities of our awesome local farmers, without whom our village would not be the wonderful green place it is, here.
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah #StaySafe