Wiltshire Council is exploring the options available to improve the A350 at Melksham including the potential for a new bypass around Melksham. Some of the options – 10d in particular – affect our Parish more than others.
Public consultation November 2020 – January 2021
Between November 2020 and January 2021, Wiltshire Council undertook an initial consultation exercise regarding the potential improvements. They received more than 1,000 questionnaire responses, and 175 additional written submissions.
Download the full consultation report here: A350 Melksham bypass consultation report [744.86KB]
Download the consultation report appendices here: A350 Melksham bypass consultation report appendices [907.95KB]
In addition to the information on Wiltshire Council’s page, here are some further links you may find helpful:
- Slide deck for Presentation to Melksham Town Council 23rd November 2020 – not all these slides are the same as those from the MAB below; in particular, slides 6 and 9 give useful additional context: Melksham TC Slides 23.11.20
- Slide deck of supporting information on each option (one option per slide) – helpful detail on each option not covered in the other presentations, useful alongside slide 9 in above MTC deck: Melksham_Bypass_Support detail_Options 7-10
- Audio-visual Zoom recording of the Melksham Town Council meeting 23rd November. Steve Wilson gives extra information during his presentation, and when answering questions afterwards, some of which relate to option 10d, the one most likely to affect Keevil.
- Presentation to Melksham Area Board 4th November 2020 (this was the launch of the consultation): Consultation_Launch_Presentation_Melksham_Area_Board_Nov_2020
- Minutes of Melksham Area Board meeting 4th November – see section 143 pages 3-12 which include a synopsis of the questions asked and answers provided at the meeting about the bypass proposals: Printed minutes 04112020 1900 Melksham Area Board
- Option 10d is the one most likely to affect the Parish of Keevil. This action group website provides further information about concerns for this option.
- Information on Keevil Parish Council’s website here, including this notice: Parish Council A350 bypass response to sheet
Note – any references to the consultation period ending 30th November 2020 were superseded when it was extended to 17th January 2021.
We will keep adding to this page as further information or links become available.