Wiltshire Council is exploring the options available to improve the A350 at Melksham including the potential for a new bypass around Melksham, and are seeking the views of residents, businesses and other stakeholders on progress so far, and the various route options.
You can find information about the proposals – including the route options – on Wiltshire Council’s page here including a number of downloadable documents and FAQs. At this stage, WC are seeking feedback on the early stages of the scheme – this is not a statutory consultation. If the scheme progresses, statutory consultation will follow later in 2021. It is also important to note that all route options are indicative and do not show the exact route that any road may take. If and when a preferred option is decided upon, the specifics of the route would be subject to full statutory consultation.
This consultation closes on Sunday 17th January at 23:59. It’s worth taking a look at the proposals as some of the options – 10d in particular – affect our Parish more than others.
HOW TO COMMENT ON THE PROPOSALS IF YOU WISH TO:
- Complete the survey online: proposed A350 Melksham bypass survey.
- Email your comments to: MajorHighwayProjects@Wiltshire.gov.uk
- Write to: Major Highways Projects, Wiltshire Council, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 8JN
- Our Parish Councillors have also offered to help if you would like to take part in the consultation but are unsure how to do so.
In addition to the information on Wiltshire Council’s page, here are some further links you may find helpful:
- Slide deck for Presentation to Melksham Town Council 23rd November 2020 – not all these slides are the same as those from the MAB below; in particular, slides 6 and 9 give useful additional context: Melksham TC Slides 23.11.20
- Slide deck of supporting information on each option (one option per slide) – helpful detail on each option not covered in the other presentations, useful alongside slide 9 in above MTC deck: Melksham_Bypass_Support detail_Options 7-10
- Audio-visual Zoom recording of the Melksham Town Council meeting 23rd November. Steve Wilson gives extra information during his presentation, and when answering questions afterwards, some of which relate to option 10d, the one most likely to affect Keevil.
- Presentation to Melksham Area Board 4th November 2020 (this was the launch of the consultation): Consultation_Launch_Presentation_Melksham_Area_Board_Nov_2020
- Minutes of Melksham Area Board meeting 4th November – see section 143 pages 3-12 which include a synopsis of the questions asked and answers provided at the meeting about the bypass proposals: Printed minutes 04112020 1900 Melksham Area Board
- Option 10d is the one most likely to affect the Parish of Keevil. This action group website provides further information about concerns for this option.
- Information on Keevil Parish Council’s website here, including this notice: Parish Council A350 bypass response to sheet
Note – any references to the consultation period ending 30th November 2020 were superseded when it was extended to 17th January 2021.
We will keep adding to this page as further information or links become available.