The 2019 Folk Night was a sold-out success from start to finish, with a fantastic line-up of talent on stage: opening newcomers Fly Yeti Fly (we want to see more of you two!), welcome returns for Mike Deverall and Feral Beryl, and the remarkable Folklaw lads setting the stage alight as they closed the show. We missed Mike Scott and send him our very best wishes, also Folklaw’s Martin Vogwell – please be more careful around those locks!
A few photographs from the night by Sarah Dow…. click on an image to see it full size/in a gallery.
The Keevil Folk Night has been an annual event for several years. It is generally held in the village hall in March, and has become one of the most successful events in the village calendar, attracting some of the finest folk acts both locally and nationally. Regulars include:
- Folklaw an exciting new-age folk band inspired by many years touring Britain, Europe and North America.
- Mike Scott a well known and respected name on the West Country folk scene. He’s been writing his own humorous songs for at least the last 3 decades.
- Hilary Pavey has been a song writer and guitarist since she was 17 years old.
- The Keevil Fishermen – Keevil’s very own village talent.
KEEVIL’S VILLAGE FOLK NIGHT Saturday 9th March 2019
Introducing for 2019 fabulous new acts for Keevil’s Annual Folk Night…
- Fly Yeti Fly – a great young folk duo, Lorna and Darren have toured most of the West Country and beyond. They have recently moved from Devon to live the good life on the Kennet and Avon Canal, producing awe-inspiring songs and music.
- Curlew’s Cry – a trio that blend together to produce superb traditional folk music with haunting melodies and harmonies.
- A welcome return following a two-year absence of Feral Beryl – an all-female group who received a wonderful reception on their last appearance at Keevil Folk Night.
7pm in the village hall (doors open 6.30pm)
Tickets £10 each from either Rachel & Tony Howe (01380) 870661 or Janet Hopkins or Norman Owen (01380) 870417
Please bring your own food and drink.