The Keevil Folk Night has been an annual event for several years. It is generally held in the village hall in March, and has become one of the most successful events in the village calendar, attracting some of the finest folk acts both locally and nationally. Regulars include:
- Folklaw an exciting new-age folk band inspired by many years touring Britain, Europe and North America.
- Hilary Pavey has been a song writer and guitarist since she was 17 years old.
- The Keevil Fishermen – Keevil’s very own village talent.
2020 dates for your diary
KEEVIL VILLAGE FOLK NIGHT ORGANISERS are pleased to announce advance notice of two events that have been arranged for 2020:
- SATURDAY 18th APRIL 2020 – an evening with Faustus. This dynamic, fascinating and intriguing international folk band are very entertaining to watch. Reviewed by the London Guardian as “one of Britain’s outstanding folk bands”.
- SATURDAY 20th JUNE 2020 – Folk on the Boat – live folk music with a supper as we meander through beautiful countryside on the Kennet and Avon Canal between Limpley Stoke and Avoncliff Aquaducts.
Full details in the early part of 2020 or contact Rachel and Tony (870661) or Janet and Norman (870417)
Folk Night March 2019
Janet, Norman, Rachel & Tony would like to thank all those who supported this years folk night – another sell-out evening and overwhelming success – from opening newcomers Fly Yeti Fly (we want to see more of you two!), welcome returns for Mike Deverall and Feral Beryl, and the remarkable Folklaw lads setting the stage alight as they closed the show.
All proceeds fund future folk events. A few photographs from the night by Sarah Dow…. click on an image to see it full size/in a gallery.
KEEVIL’S VILLAGE FOLK NIGHT Saturday 9th March 2019
Introducing for 2019 fabulous new acts for Keevil’s Annual Folk Night…
- Fly Yeti Fly – a great young folk duo, Lorna and Darren have toured most of the West Country and beyond. They have recently moved from Devon to live the good life on the Kennet and Avon Canal, producing awe-inspiring songs and music.
- Curlew’s Cry – a trio that blend together to produce superb traditional folk music with haunting melodies and harmonies.
- A welcome return following a two-year absence of Feral Beryl – an all-female group who received a wonderful reception on their last appearance at Keevil Folk Night.
Also returning, the legendary Folklaw, who have become firm favourites over the years and always set the hall alight with their vibrant music.
7pm in the village hall (doors open 6.30pm)
Tickets £10 each from either Rachel & Tony Howe (01380) 870661 or Janet Hopkins or Norman Owen (01380) 870417. Please bring your own food and drink.