The Keevil Folk Night has been an annual event for several years. It is generally held in the village hall in March. It has become one of the most successful events in the village calendar, with a full house every year and tickets being sold out several weeks in advance.
The event has attracted some of the finest folk acts both locally and nationally. Regulars include:
- Folklaw an exciting new -age folk band inspired by many years touring Britain, Europe and North America.
- Mike Scott a well known and respected name on the West Country folk scene. He’s been writing his own humorous songs for at least the last 3 decades.
- Hilary Pavey has been a song writer and guitarist since she was 17 years old.
- The Keevil Fishermen – Keevil’s very own village talent.
KEEVIL’S VILLAGE FOLK NIGHT Saturday 9th March 2019
Introducing for 2019 fabulous new acts for Keevil’s Annual Folk Night…
- Fly Yeti Fly – a great young folk duo, Lorna and Darren have toured most of the West Country and beyond. They have recently moved from Devon to live the good life on the Kennet and Avon Canal, producing awe-inspiring songs and music.
- Curlew’s Cry – a trio that blend together to produce superb traditional folk music with haunting melodies and harmonies.
- A welcome return following a two-year absence of Feral Beryl – an all-female group who received a wonderful reception on their last appearance at Keevil Folk Night.
- Also some old favourites including Mike Scott – a local folk legend and Folklaw – who set the hall alight with their vibrant music. They have become firm favourites over the years.
Full details later in the year. Contact either Rachel & Tony Howe (01380) 870661 or Janet Hopkins or Norman Owen (01380) 870417