There will be no Village Fete in 2020 due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic
Village Fete 2019 in the grounds of Keevil Manor
The fete was back in the grounds the Manor this year, courtesy of Flavia and Christopher Vernon; and with everything you’d expect of this timeless tradition of village life.
Gallery images by Sarah Dow, click to view full size
Gallery of the Fete & Fun Day 2018, held on the recreation ground
Images by Sarah Dow, click on any image to view full size
In 2018 the Keevil Church Fete & Family Fun Day took place on the village Recreation Ground.
Bouncy Castle, Hot Dogs, Ice Creams, Cake Stall, Hamper Raffle, Bargain Basement Stall, Children’s Games, Morris Dancers, Beer Tent, Music, Raffles, Face Painting, Teas & Cakes, Bottle Stall, Plants, Second Hand Book Stall, and loads more… *
Please note, no dogs (except Guide Dogs) are allowed on the Recreation Ground
CRAFT AND PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION
Open to all young people in Keevil and the surrounding villages.
GROUP A: My favourite Dinner.
GROUP B: A special corner of my garden, or near my house.
GROUP A: Create a garden using dried food, e.g. pasta, seeds, etc. to be displayed on a paper plate, or in a shoe box.
GROUP B: Paint a mask that you would wear to a party.
Each group has three age ranges:
- 5-8 years old
- 9-12 years old
- 13-16 years old
- Photographs can be printed up to 10” x 8”.
- All entries in all groups must be clearly marked with name, age and a contact number.
- You can have up to 4 entries per person in total.
- All entries will be accepted by Pat Tucker at 81a, Main Street, Keevil between June 11th – June 29th.
- Entries will be judged by Keevil residents who specialise in photography or art.
- All entries will be displayed in the Village Hall on July 7th 2.30 – 4.30pm
- The winners will be announced and receive their prizes on the recreation ground.
If you have any queries please contact Pat Tucker, 81a, Main Street, Keevil. Trishtucker@btinternet.com, or 01380 871601.
A Keevil Fun Committee Event – Raising funds for St Leonard’s Church General Fund (75%) and Keevil Village Hall floor (25%)