Village Fete 2019: Saturday 29th June 2.30pm in the grounds of Keevil Manor
The fete will be back in the grounds the Manor this year, courtesy of Flavia and Christopher Vernon.
Bouncy Castle, Ice Creams, Cake Stall, Hamper Raffle, Children’s Games, Music, Main Raffle, Teas & Cakes, Bottle Stall, Plant sales, Second Hand Book Stall, Tug of War, Arts & Crafts, Skittles, Guides Stall, Human Fuit Machine, Treasure Hunt, Teddy Bear, Nearly New Clothes & Toys…
CAN YOU HELP PROVIDE SOME THINGS FOR THE FETE?
The folk of Keevil have, in previous years, attended this event and have also been generous in providing items for prizes and sale. Please can you help this year?
- Cakes: Would you be prepared to donate a cake to the Cake Stall? If so, Penny Roberts (870448) and Helen Jones (870194) would love to hear from you.
- Plants: If you have any plants that would be suitable to donate this year please contact Gerry Vaughan (870191). He can arrange collection or you can bring your items to the stall on the morning of the Fete or earlier to Gerry’s home.
- Books: Do you have any books, in good condition, that you could donate? If so, please contact Janet White (870604).
- Raffle: Michael and Shirley Samuels (01373 464469) are running a raffle and would be grateful for any prize you have which may be suitable.
- Clothes and Toys: Ginny Sherman and Pat Bartholomew are running a stall to sell good quality secondhand adult and children’s clothes (and children’s toys). Deliver to Pat at 49a Martins Road or ring Pat 8870443 or Ginny 870009 to collect.
- Teas: Cakes, biscuits and scones to sell with tea and coffee will be very gratefully received on the day. Or ring Gill Gosling (870553), Debbie Meatyard (828226) or Helen Jones (870194) to collect.
- Bottles: Bottles for the Bottle Stall will be collected during the two weeks before the Fete day. If you miss the collection then ring Janet Hopkins (870417). Please ensure that all bottles/cans are still in date.
Thank you for your support – Norman Owen, Fete co-ordinator
Gallery of the Fete & Fun Day 2018, held on the recreation ground
Images by Sarah Dow, click on any image to view full size
In 2018 the Keevil Church Fete & Family Fun Day took place on the village Recreation Ground.
Bouncy Castle, Hot Dogs, Ice Creams, Cake Stall, Hamper Raffle, Bargain Basement Stall, Children’s Games, Morris Dancers, Beer Tent, Music, Raffles, Face Painting, Teas & Cakes, Bottle Stall, Plants, Second Hand Book Stall, and loads more… *
Please note, no dogs (except Guide Dogs) are allowed on the Recreation Ground
CRAFT AND PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION
Open to all young people in Keevil and the surrounding villages.
GROUP A: My favourite Dinner.
GROUP B: A special corner of my garden, or near my house.
GROUP A: Create a garden using dried food, e.g. pasta, seeds, etc. to be displayed on a paper plate, or in a shoe box.
GROUP B: Paint a mask that you would wear to a party.
Each group has three age ranges:
- 5-8 years old
- 9-12 years old
- 13-16 years old
- Photographs can be printed up to 10” x 8”.
- All entries in all groups must be clearly marked with name, age and a contact number.
- You can have up to 4 entries per person in total.
- All entries will be accepted by Pat Tucker at 81a, Main Street, Keevil between June 11th – June 29th.
- Entries will be judged by Keevil residents who specialise in photography or art.
- All entries will be displayed in the Village Hall on July 7th 2.30 – 4.30pm
- The winners will be announced and receive their prizes on the recreation ground.
If you have any queries please contact Pat Tucker, 81a, Main Street, Keevil. Trishtucker@btinternet.com, or 01380 871601.
A Keevil Fun Committee Event – Raising funds for St Leonard’s Church General Fund (75%) and Keevil Village Hall floor (25%)