LATEST NEWS ON SERVICES IN ST LEONARD’S CHURCH
The PCC met on Wednesday evening, 24 February, to review the position. In the light of the rapidly improving Covid situation it was decided to open the church again for services with effect from Sunday 7 March 2021.
No-one should feel under any obligation to attend, especially as, for some, the right thing to do is to remain safely at home for the time being. Sunday services will continue to be live-streamed from St James’ at 10:45am on Sundays, and we hope that many will continue to take advantage of that service. In St Leonard’s we’ll be taking renewed care about sanitising hands on the way in, socially-distanced seating, and leaving in a managed way so that we remain well apart from one another. If you’d like to join us you’ll be most welcome.
Photographs of Christmas 2020 church flowers by Rachel Howe
Update from the Parochial Parish Council (PCC) Meeting on 9th February 2021
- The PCC decided to meet again during the week beginning the 22 February, following the next Government announcement, to review the opening arrangements for the Church, which currently remains closed for services. A joint benefice service is live-streamed from St James’ each Sunday at 10:45am, accessible from the website www.stjamestrowbridge.co.uk
- The Opening Celebration with Bishop Andrew Rumsey has been booked for Wednesday 23 June 2021, at 19.00.
- The date of the Fete was confirmed as 5 June 2021, although this would depend on future Government decisions.
- Minutes of PCC meeting Tuesday 9th February 2021: Summary of the Minutes of the PCC Meeting held on 9 February 2021 final
- Minutes of PCC meeting Tuesday 8 December 2020: Summary of the Minutes of the PCC Meeting held on 8 December 2020 (1)
Keeping in touch
The Prime Minister’s statement on Monday 16 March 2020 marked the start of an unprecedented national response to the challenge of the coronavirus. It was immediately clear that none of our lives would be able to continue in the normal way. For the Church we were faced with a challenge and a new opportunity. Could we learn new ways of worshipping and ministering while dispersed, and in many cases, isolated? Starting on that day, we’ve been issuing a series of email briefings from me to our congregations in St Leonard’s and St James’ and to anyone else who’d be interested to receive them. They describe what we’re doing, they provide useful information, and they are, we hope, a source of comfort and encouragement to everyone. If you’re not already receiving these and you’d like to, please let Janet Hopkins know (email@example.com) and she’ll be pleased to add you to the list. If you don’t use email but you’d like not to be left out, let Janet know (01380 870417) and we can arrange for a paper copy to be sent to you. Rob Thomas
Please see church website for current list of services and other information.
ST LEONARD’S PCC ANNUAL PAROCHIAL CHURCH MEETING 2020
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Diocese extended the deadline by which APCMs need to be held until the 31 October 2020. A brief Annual Parochial Church Meeting took place in Church on Sunday 13th September after the 9:15am Holy Communion service (so around 10.15am). This is two meetings: the first is a meeting of parishioners to elect the Churchwardens. Please note that nominations for the office of Churchwarden must be handed in writing to the Rector before the meeting. Under the Churchwardens Measure, nominations cannot be accepted from the floor of the meeting. The second is the Annual Church Meeting. This is an important meeting when we review the past year and consider the future plans. To vote at the Annual Church Meeting your name must be on the Church Electoral Roll. If you need to check the Roll, please speak to Pat Bartholomew. Minutes of the last PCC meeting 28th July 2020: Summary of the Minutes of the PCC meeting held on 28 July 2020 (1) Notes from PCC Meeting on 18th February 2020: Summary of the PCC Minutes 180220.
Gill Gosling and Gillian Walden, Churchwardens