Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village.
Well it’s already the quietest Christmas season on record in the village, but by no means the darkest if the lights going up around the hood are anything to go by – we’ll do a special Buzz edition on those very soon.
Yesterday would have been our Christmas Shopping Evening, this year in aid of Wiltshire Air Ambulance. Rachel Howe, who organises and hosts the fayre, has made a beautiful luxury Christmas door wreath and will be holding a Silent Auction instead to support this wonderful charity. Made on a 10” ring, the gorgeous decoration measures about 12-14” wide, and comes with local delivery. Make your bid by noon on Saturday 5th December by email to email@example.com, or by private message via the village Facebook page.
- If you’re interested, Wiltshire Council are broadcasting a live public COVID-19 update next Tuesday 8th December at 5pm, to provide the latest local information and to answer residents’ questions – which you can submit in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Sunday 6 December.
- Christmas services at St Leonards are still very much under discussion at the moment and the PCC will be meeting on Tuesday to finalise plans. The Carol Service on 13th December, and the Christmas Morning service should hopefully go ahead with some restrictions in place, but we’ll Buzz further news as it comes…
- Foodbank Friday is next week 11th December, so please pop any donations up to the church porch by Thursday afternoon. According to their Facebook page, Storehouse would be particularly grateful for jars of pickles, cranberry sauce, relishes and pickled onions to include in their Christmas goody bags – but honestly, anything you can spare is always, ALWAYS gladly received.
- The latest guidelines for COVID-safe walks from the Ramblers Association means the Keevil Walking Group have been able to reschedule the Wingfield circular 4.5m walk through footpaths, fields and bridleways, from the Poplars on Wednesday 16th December. You must let Geoff West know if you are coming, and not already on his list.
- Eric Lepine will be back outside the village hall this evening, of course, but you still have until Wednesday 16th December to place orders for Christmas and New Year Specials, and Christmas Dinner, on his next dates 23rd, 25th and 30th Deecember.
A new Planning Application 20/10082/FUL for conversion and change of use of building to single dwelling (live/work unit) at The Old Barn Keevil BA14 6NQ
- View or download plans and documents here
- View list of consultees here
- Comment on this application here
- Comments invited until consultation expiry Wednesday 30th December. Target date for decision Friday 8th January 2021
Some images of the recent re-installation of the Coronation Bench are over on the Community Shed page – thanks a million once again to our awesome craftsmen for a cracking restoration and repair project!
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah #StaySafe