Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of what’s coming up.
A proper West Country Wassailing is a rare treat in Keevil as we only hold it when 17th January falls on a Friday or Saturday – and what a treat we had this year; thanks to everyone who made this event so special! Head over to our new Wassailing page to read more and for pictures…
The next Planning Committee meeting will be in the village hall (rather than at the respective properties – the Parish Council is following recent legal advice from Wiltshire Council re the conduct of Planning Meetings) on Saturday 15th February at 9.30am. You can find links to both developments under discussion here. Buzz has been advised that, because of the timing of the meeting, the deadline for comments has been extended to Monday 17th February. Views of the public are always welcomed during the public forum at the beginning of the meeting, and parishioners welcome to observe the deliberations of councillors throughout, so do come along if you are interested.
- Need to get your nose into a new book? The MOBILE LIBRARY will be back at the Rose & Crown Cottages on Stocks Green this Monday 3rd February 10.35am
- Everyone needs more tea and cake in their life, so it is with great relief you will realise next Tuesday 4th February it’s TEA & CHAT at 2.30pm in the village hall. You don’t even have to chat, just smile and eat cake! 🙂
- And with barely a pause between mouthfuls, you’ll also be delighted that the Church Flower Winter Warmer Coffee Morning on Saturday 8th February includes a cake and unlimited hot drinks with your £3 admission: in the Village Hall 10.30 am – noon. There’s a bring-and-buy stall and raffle, all raising funds for flowers in church at our Festivals, so do come along and lend your support.
- The Keevil Walkers will be meeting at Rachel & Tony Howe’s on Thursday 13th February at 10am for our annual Walk Planning session – walkers and bimblers both new and seasoned are most welcome.
- Wednesday 12th February the WI will be meeting again, this time for a session on Personalities as seen through Handwriting by Mr J Davis
- Planning Committee meeting on Saturday 15th February at 9.30am in the village hall to discuss 19/12129/FUL and 19/11844/FUL. Agenda: 150220 Planning Meeting
- The deadline for applications for the vacant positions of COUNCILLOR, and also PARISH CLERK, on Keevil Parish Council, is Friday 21st February. Full details of both positions here.
Our KEEVIL SINGERS have joined forces with Wiltshire Council Singers to present An Evening of Song and Laughter on 6th March 7.30pm in Edington Priory – a music-filled evening not to be missed.
That’s all for now, folks! Don’t forget you can get in touch with your own village news, pictures or suggestions any time.
Bob & Sarah