2019-20 Diary Dates!
Friday 6th December 2019: ABBA SINGALONG in the village hall
Tuesday 31st December 2019: NEW YEARS EVE DANCE in the village hall from 8pm, in aid of Dorothy House.
- Tickets £7.50 per person
- Enjoy an evening featuring some of the very best dance music ever recorded by the original artists.
- At midnight we will welcome in the new year from Big Ben in London shown on the village hall big screen.
- Please bring your own food/drink
- Tickets from Rachel & Tony Howe (870661) or Janet Hopkins & Norman Owen (870417)
Friday 17th January 2020: A WEST COUNTRY WASSAILING EVENING in the village hall at 7.30pm
It’s a few years since this event was last held in the village. If you enjoyed it last time, please come again or join us for the first time! The Wassailing evening includes : –
- Savour Apple Cake and Cider
- Crown the Wassail King or Queen
- Process by candlelight to the apple orchard
- Witness the Wassailing King or Queen placing cider & toast around the apple tree
- Hear about the burning of the Ashen Faggot
- PLUS A SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE OF FLY YETI FLY (A very talented folk duo)
- Tickets £7.50 per person
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND DRINKS
- Tickets from Rachel and Tony – tel: 870661 or Janet and Norman – tel: 870417
- Profits to help finance future Keevil Village Folk Night events
The Winter Warmer Coffee Morning in January 2019 raised £250 for4 festival flowers in the church during the year – thanks to everyone for their support.
The NEW YEARS EVE DANCE 2018 raised £426 (up on the £155 in 2017) for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance – thanks to everyone for their support of this event.
Thursday 6th December 2018: Village Christmas Shopping Evening
Keevil village hall 7 – 10 pm
A wide variety of crafts & gift stalls including glassware, essential oils, knitwear, skin care, scarves, portrait photography, homeware, wood, jewellery and much more. Come along and enjoy a glass of wine, purchase that unusual christmas gift for family or friends, or just treat yourself, while in the lovely company of friends and neighbours…
Free admission, wine, tea and coffee available
PROMOTED BY RACHEL’S FLOWERS
Rachel’s Flowers, Keevil
Tel: 01380 870661
Saturday 8th December 2018: Discover Christmas
10.30am – 12.30pm in Keevil School
Children’s Activity Morning, with stories, songs and craft
- Children from YR to Y6 – £2 each (£5 per family)
- For any children of school age who live in Keevil – all welcome – bring a friend if you like!
- Pay on the day.
Please let Marilyn Thomas know you are coming (01225 350647) or tell the school office.
Friday 21st December 2018: Carol Singing around the village
Carol singing is open to all villagers – adults, children, families – the more the merrier! We’re gathering at the church at 6.45pm for refereshments before setting off and you can join or leave at any time during the annual singing adventure around the village. We don’t make any collections.
The following should give you a very rough idea of timing at various points on our travels:
- 6.45pm: assemble inside the North Door for refreshments
- 7.15pm: School Close
- 7.30pm: Beach House
- 7.40pm: The Manor
- 7.55pm: Field Head
- 8.10pm: Pyatts Corner
- 8.20pm: Stocks Tree
- 8.25pm: Cellar House & Longleaze Farm
- 8.35pm: Village hall for hot soup with the WI
If we are due to pass near your house and you would like us to stop and sing a carol, to phone and let Terry know. If you’re joining in with this lovely Christmas tradition, you’ll find warm clothes, gloves and a torch come in very handy! All details from Terry Hall on 870569
A CELEBRATION OF CHRISTMAS 2017
Thanks to the efforts of everyone and some generous donations, we raised £507 for Church funds!