2019-20 Diary Dates!
Saturday 30th November 2019: St Leonard’s Church CHRISTMAS COFFEE MORNING
in the Village Hall 10am -12noon
Bring & Buy stall with a Christmas theme, Cakes, Raffle
Cakes, biscuits, buns, etc for the Cake Stall would be warmly welcomed, and if you have something you could offer for the Christmas Raffle please let Janet Hopkins know.
Raising money for the upkeep and the day to day running of St Leonard’s Church.
The Winter Warmer Coffee Morning in January 2019 raised £250 for festival flowers in the church during the year – thanks to everyone for their support.
Thursday 5th December 2019: Village Christmas Shopping Evening
Keevil village hall 7 – 10pm
A wide variety of crafts & gift stalls, many new for 2019, including glassware, essential oils, knitwear, skin care, books, scarves, portrait photography, homeware, jewellery, treasure hunt art and much more. Come along and enjoy a glass of wine, purchase that unusual christmas gift for family or friends, or just treat yourself, while in the lovely company of friends and neighbours…
Free admission, wine, tea and coffee available
Rachel’s Flowers | Headgirl Photography | Joanna May Artist | Sew Bright Fabrics | Daphne Atkinson Jewellery | Neal’s Yard | Cherish Preloved Goods | Fudge 2 go | Usborne Books | Florrie & Jean | Black Dog Papercrafts
PROMOTED BY RACHEL’S FLOWERS
Tel: 01380 870661
Friday 6th December 2019: ABBA SINGALONG
7 – 10.30pm in the village hall
The first part of the evening is a sing-along with the choir, followed by a light ploughmans supper and Abba-era disco. Optional Abba-theme fancy dress.
£10 tickets include a ‘POSH Ploughmans’ available from Pat Tucker on 01380 871601, email@example.com
Tuesday 31st December 2019: NEW YEARS EVE DANCE
From 8pm in the village hall, in aid of Dorothy House.
- Tickets £7.50 per person
- Enjoy an evening featuring some of the very best dance music ever recorded by the original artists.
- At midnight we will welcome in the new year from Big Ben in London shown on the village hall big screen.
- Please bring your own food/drink
- Tickets from Rachel & Tony Howe (870661) or Janet Hopkins & Norman Owen (870417)
Last year the NYE Dance raised £426 (up on £155 in 2017) for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance – thanks to everyone for their support of this event.
Friday 17th January 2020: A WEST COUNTRY WASSAILING EVENING
7.30pm in the village hall
It’s a few years since this event was last held in the village. If you enjoyed it last time, please come again or join us for the first time! The Wassailing evening includes : –
- Savour Apple Cake and Cider
- Crown the Wassail King or Queen
- Process by candlelight to the apple orchard
- Witness the Wassailing King or Queen placing cider & toast around the apple tree
- Hear about the burning of the Ashen Faggot
- PLUS SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE by FLY YETI FLY (a very talented folk duo)
- Tickets £7.50 per person
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND DRINKS
- Tickets from Rachel and Tony – tel: 870661 or Janet and Norman – tel: 870417
- Profits to help finance future Keevil Village Folk Night events
Friday 21st December 2018: Carol Singing around the village
Carol singing is open to all villagers – adults, children, families – the more the merrier! We’re gathering at the church at 6.45pm for refereshments before setting off and you can join or leave at any time during the annual singing adventure around the village. We don’t make any collections.
The following should give you a very rough idea of timing at various points on our travels:
- 6.45pm: assemble inside the North Door for refreshments
- 7.15pm: School Close
- 7.30pm: Beach House
- 7.40pm: The Manor
- 7.55pm: Field Head
- 8.10pm: Pyatts Corner
- 8.20pm: Stocks Tree
- 8.25pm: Cellar House & Longleaze Farm
- 8.35pm: Village hall for hot soup with the WI
If we are due to pass near your house and you would like us to stop and sing a carol, to phone and let Terry know. If you’re joining in with this lovely Christmas tradition, you’ll find warm clothes, gloves and a torch come in very handy! All details from Terry Hall on 870569
A CELEBRATION OF CHRISTMAS 2017
Thanks to the efforts of everyone and some generous donations, we raised £507 for Church funds!