2019-20 Diary Dates!
Thursday 5th December 2019: Village Christmas Shopping Evening
Keevil village hall 7 – 10pm
A wide variety of crafts & gift stalls, many new for 2019, including glassware, essential oils, knitwear, skin care, books, scarves, portrait photography, homeware, jewellery, treasure hunt art and much more. Come along and enjoy a glass of wine, purchase that unusual christmas gift for family or friends, or just treat yourself, while in the lovely company of friends and neighbours…
Free admission, wine, tea and coffee available
Rachel’s Flowers | Headgirl Photography | Joanna May Artist | Sew Bright Fabrics | Daphne Atkinson Jewellery | Neal’s Yard | Cherish Preloved Goods | Fudge 2 go | Usborne Books | Florrie & Jean | Black Dog Papercrafts
PROMOTED BY RACHEL’S FLOWERS
Tel: 01380 870661
Friday 6th December 2019: ABBA SINGALONG
7 – 10.30pm in the village hall
The first part of the evening is a sing-along with the choir, followed by a light ploughmans supper and Abba-era disco. Optional Abba-theme fancy dress.
£10 tickets include a ‘POSH Ploughmans’ available from Pat Tucker on 01380 871601, firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday 20th December 2019: Carol Singing around the village
Open to all villagers, the more the merrier!
Carol singers are invited to assemble at the Church at 6.45pm where Gillian Walden has kindly offered to provide us with refreshments before we set off on our annual carol singing adventure round the village. The walk will not be too long, stopping at most of the usual places (see last year’s list below).
Remember, no collections are made and attendance is not restricted to any particular group or society in Keevil. Families, children and adults are most welcome to come along and people can join or leave the “Christmas Waits” at any time during the evening.
If we are due to pass near your house and you would like us to stop and sing a carol, do phone to let me know. If you are able to come along to share in this village Christmas tradition you will find it useful to bring a torch with you and should you be unsure what is happening because very bad weather is forecast then please phone me on 870325 for an update.
I’m sure like me you look forward to this annual tradition when we have the opportunity to turn away from some of the razzmatazz of the shops and walk under the night sky singing traditional carols. What could be better? Jane Knowles
- 6.45pm: assemble at the church for refreshments
- 7.15pm: School Close
- 7.30pm: Beach House
- 7.40pm: The Manor
- 7.55pm: Field Head
- 8.10pm: Pyatts Corner
- 8.20pm: Stocks Tree
- 8.25pm: Cellar House & Longleaze Farm
St Leonards Advent and Christmas Services: Advent Services 2019
Tuesday 31st December 2019: NEW YEARS EVE DANCE
From 8pm in the village hall, in aid of Dorothy House.
- Tickets £7.50 per person
- Enjoy an evening featuring some of the very best dance music ever recorded by the original artists.
- At midnight we will welcome in the new year from Big Ben in London shown on the village hall big screen.
- Please bring your own food/drink
- Tickets from Rachel & Tony Howe (870661) or Janet Hopkins & Norman Owen (870417)
Last year the NYE Dance raised £426 (up on £155 in 2017) for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance – thanks to everyone for their support of this event.
Friday 17th January 2020: A WEST COUNTRY WASSAILING EVENING
7.30pm in the village hall
It’s a few years since this event was last held in the village. If you enjoyed it last time, please come again or join us for the first time! The Wassailing evening includes : –
- Savour Apple Cake and Cider
- Crown the Wassail King or Queen
- Process by candlelight to the apple orchard
- Witness the Wassailing King or Queen placing cider & toast around the apple tree
- Hear about the burning of the Ashen Faggot
- PLUS SPECIAL GUEST APPEARANCE by FLY YETI FLY (a very talented folk duo)
- Tickets £7.50 per person
- PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN FOOD AND DRINKS
- Tickets from Rachel and Tony – tel: 870661 or Janet and Norman – tel: 870417
- Profits to help finance future Keevil Village Folk Night events