Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
First up, we have some news regarding Watchkeeper activity on the Airfield. Following successful trials over the spring and summer, 47 Regiment Royal Artillery are now seeking a more permanent Airspace Change to enable Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) Operations of Watchkeeper Remotely Piloted Air Systems (RPAS) from Keevil Airfield: details in the stakeholder engagement letter here: ACP-2021-006 Airspace Users Engagement Letter – STAGE 1b
This is the first of seven stages, and is purely to consider the five high-level draft design principles – feedback on the wider proposals will come later in the process once greater detail has been developed. Documents, details and timeline of the Airspace Change Proposal (ACP) are available on the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) Airspace Change Portal: the ACP ID is ACP-2021-006. Deadline for feedback on the Design Principles is Friday 19th November.
- Its time for tea (and cake of course!) with 1st TUESDAY CLUB next week 2nd November, and don’t forget the Post Office is open on Tuesday afternoons too, where Laura usually has her eggs available…
- A reminder if you’re part of the Art Group or Craft Group, there is NO MEETING on Wednesday 3rd as the village hall is in use for Jackie Sanderson’s Wake.
- The WI meeting on 10th November is always very seasonal, with Laura of Pinkney Farm Flowers demonstrating various creative ideas; visitors always welcome so come join the fun 🙂
- Breakfast In Church will be back on Saturday 13th November 9-11am, so come and enjoy a cuppa with a bacon butty with your friends and neighbours 🙂
- After a smashing walk around Cherhill yesterday, the Walking Group are having a nice little bimble along the canal around Bradford-on-Avon on Tuesday 23rd November – see page for full details and let Geoff know if you want to go.
- Our village thespians are back at last with AN INSPECTOR POPS IN, an exciting Murder Mystery to challenge your deductive skills, on Saturday 27th November – see page for details, there’ll be both matinee and evening performance.
Do you feel all warm and Christmassy yet? Then bag yourself a number for the Advent Window Trail – Jan Maskrey is the person to contact (870438), she will allocate you a number and provide any help you might need. See Gallery for inspiration from previous years….
- The Parish Council meets again on Monday 1st November at 7.30pm in the village hall: details on the PC website, also agenda here Agenda for November 1st 2021 – revised
- The Council are still looking to fill the vacancy for Clerk/RFO so if you know anyone with great admin skills and a keen eye for detail, do pass the word on.
- The volunteer roles Village NHW Co-ordinator and Community Emergency Volunteer, although vital in times of need, are far from onerous, so why not take a look at what the roles involve and have a chat with Geoff West on 01380 870425: Keevil Community Emergency Volunteer | Keevil Neighbourhooud Watch Co-ordinator
With local COVID-19 rates the highest they have been in Wiltshire since the start of the pandemic, and among the highest in the country, Wiltshire Council are advising local residents to be sensible during Halloween and continue to promote steps we can all take to protect one another:
- washing or sanitising hands regularly;
- meeting others outside or opening doors and windows when inside with others;
- getting your first and second dose of the vaccine or booster when offered;
- choosing to wear face coverings when out and about and on public transport;
- and if you have COVID symptoms, book a test and self-isolate immediately. See here for further guidance from the NHS on self-isolation – when you don’t need to, when you do, and communicating with people you’ve been in close contact with if you have symptoms.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂