Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
We have quite a Roundup today, but will start with a brief but sobering heads-up on the intruders that went through the village in the small hours of Wednesday morning. The incidents appear to be part of a series of similiar ones across neighbouring villages, including car thefts, and Wiltshire Police are investigating as part of Operation Fortitude. They are very keen to hear from anyone who might have CCTV footage that could help identify the car the intruders were driving. PC Ben Williams believes they probably entered the village from the Bulkington side around 2am and worked their way through for the next two hours. If you think you can help, get in touch with your Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator or Paul Lenaerts (Village NHW Co-ordinator) on 870186 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In happier news, Breakfast was wonderfully served in the Church last weekend and many bacon baps were enjoyed, so you will be pleased to hear it will be back on Saturday 13th November, with added gospel background music! (Breakfast Boogie in the Church, anyone?) No need to book, just turn up, only £2 with all profits going to the Church Restoration Fund.
Keevilians are of course even more well-known for their legendary ability to eat cake, and the relaunch of tea & chat afternoons as the 1st TUESDAY CLUB got off to a super start earlier this month with Bob sporting a very regal pinny (only the best for our Wassail King)! The next one is 2nd November, and don’t forget the Post Office is open on Tuesday afternoons too, where Laura usually has her home-grown eggs available…
Other Dates for your Diary…
- The Walking Group have a smashing ramble lined up for Thursday October 28th around Cherhill and Compton Bassett, do get in touch with walk leader Colin Dimbylow if you want to go. Next month a nice little Bimble along the canal around Bradford-on-Avon will replace the usual longer walk on Tuesday 23rd November – see page for full details.
- The next Parish Council meeting will be Monday 1st November at 7.30pm in the village hall – details on the PC website here.
- A heads-up if you’re part of the Art Group or Craft Group, there will be NO MEETING on Wednesday 3rd November as the village hall is being used for Jackie Sanderson’s Wake – apologies to all concerned but Jackie’s family are in Suffolk so it’s been difficult to make arrangements.
- The WI meeting with Laura of Pinkney Farm Flowers on 10th November is always very seasonal; visitors and past members truely welcome so come along and join the fun 🙂
- Fancy yourself as Sherlock Holmes? Miss Marple? Temperance Brennan? The Drama Group will be putting on their first performance since 2019 with an exciting Murder Mystery AN INSPECTOR POPS IN on Saturday 27th November – see page for all the deets, there’ll be both a matinee and evening show.
Rachel, Tony and Norman would like to thank everyone who supported the recent Folk Night, such a fabulous evening with great friends and music! Gallery coming soon, in the meantime there is a reserved tickets list for next one on Saturday 12th March 2022 so if you are interested please get in touch: full deets on the page.
It is never too early to start planning our Christmas trail and Advent Windows! Launched by Keevil WI in 2018, the Advent Trail has become a village tradition and last year Keevil looked AMAZING as we lit the village and chased the covid-blues away! (See the full Gallery here). You can of course just do your own thing, but if you want to be part of the window trail, get in touch with Jan Maskrey (870438); she will allocate you a number and provide any help you might need.
We Buzzed recently about the vacancy for a part-time Clerk, and also two volunteer roles – Village NHW Co-ordinator and Civil Emergency Volunteer coming available this autumn. Neither of these voluntary positions are onerous or time consuming, but in rare times of need they are vital. Paul has provided a Keevil Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator Job Description – if you are interested, please contact Geoff West 01380 870425 email@example.com.
The new Rights of Way Working Group has made progress, starting with an effort to reinforce important messages around the difficulties our farmers have when walkers stray off designated footpaths, by creating a simple guide to help everyone enjoy our village and countryside safely which you’ll find on the renamed Country Code page.
We fully support the Parish Council’s recent plea for safe and thoughtful parking, a perennial issue in some parts of the village where residents don’t have their own off-road space, compounded by increases in modern day car ownership, vehicle size, deliveries… So lets all do what we can to make #positiveparking just one more way we show kindness – it’s a Keevil thing 😉
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂