KEEVIL PARISH COUNCIL
Keevil Parish Council has a vacancy for Parish Clerk / Responsible Financial Officer (RFO).
This part-time role is vital to the efficient working of our Council. You will be responsible for:
- managing the Council’s finances;
- preparing meeting agendas and supporting papers;
- attending and providing regulatory advice at meetings;
- taking minutes and completing administrative actions arising;
- the upkeep of the Council’s notice board and web pages.
Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills are essential, as are personal qualities of integrity, discretion, and impartiality. You will be a good communicator, well organised and self-motivated, and confident with basic accounting, record-keeping, scheduling and correspondence skills.
You should be able to demonstrate a successful track record in administrative roles with financial responsibilities. A working knowledge of Parish Council procedures and/or public sector administration, whilst desirable, is not essential as training will be made available, and your development will be supported.
Equally, we don’t mind if you don’t live in the Parish, but we do hope you will be demonstrably interested in the workings of our village community, and willing to ‘go the extra mile’.
- Hours are currently 5 hours per week (although this is being reviewed and may be more) and flexible in how hours are worked, subject to fixed deadlines and meeting dates.
- Apart from attending meetings, you will work from home. The Council normally meets bi-monthly in the evenings, although this may be more frequently when necessary.
- Starting salary will be based on skills and experience, in line with current NJC Local Government Services pay scales SCP 7 -12.
A full job description will be available on the Council’s website keevilpc.com/notices/ or from the Chair of the Council, and you can find out more about our community on the village website keevilvillage.com
Please apply with your CV and a covering letter that addresses the above aspects to:
Geoff West, Chair, Keevil Parish Council
01380 870425 firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2021 with interviews to be held early November.
Keevil Parish Council are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community
Also, we have two exciting volunteer positions opening up in the village!
Keevil has had an active Neighbourhood Watch scheme since 1987 and in 2008, following encouragement from Wiltshire Council, a Civil Emergency Volunteer was appointed by the Parish Council to draw up and maintain an Emergency Response Plan. Paul Lenaerts took over the role of Keevil Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator from James Banfield in 2001, and Dave Bouault the latter role – both have worked closely together for the past 13 years because there is a lot of synergy between the two roles.
ally time to hang up their clipboards, so the Parish Council would like to invite interested residents to put their names forward for both these impending vacancies. The duties are not onerous but form a vital part of our village resilience planning that can really make a difference in those rare times of need.
If you are interested in volunteering for either post, please contact Geoff West, Chair, Keevil Parish Council 01380 870425 email@example.com. A Job description for the NHW Co-ordinator is here Keevil Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator Job Description, one for the CEV role is being written, both will also be available from Geoff.