Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news in our wonderful village whatever the weather 🙂
We’ll start this Buzz with a reminder of the recent note of caution from Paul Lenaerts, Keevil’s Neighbourhood Watch Co-Ordinator, about staying alert to ‘rogue traders’ that may call on you and offer what sounds like a good service but end up costing you over the odds! If you’re worried, call your Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator or dial 999.
A couple of Roundups back, Paul also updated us on the likelihood of the annual litterpick going ahead – not likely! – and proposed that we all take a bag and some gloves when we go for our daily constitutionals (and washed our hands when we returned, obviously). So it was no surprise that the indefatigable Pat Tucker buzzed us last week with a picture of the spoils of one walk – yup, you read that right, just one walk! Pat has secret superpowers 😉
Things to look forward to…
- The annual Church & Village Fete – depending on future Government decisions of course – will be 5 June 2021 🙂
- The PCC will be meeting again this week to review opening arrangements at St Leonard’s Church, so watch this space: in the meantime, the Opening Celebration with Bishop Andrew Rumsey has been booked for Wednesday 23 June 2021, at 7pm.
- See the Folk Night page for updates to events this summer, through autumn and to next March, we have an incredible line-up of acts to look forward to: Jan and Ian for Folk on the Boat on 26th June, Hilary Pavey, Fly Yeti Fly, Feryl Beryl and The Lost Trades on 9th October, plus Folklaw, Reg Meuross, Andrew Rumsey (formerly of The Effras), and Antoine & Owena on 12th March 2022. Yes, we SHALL all dance again!
The next full Parish Council meeting starts at 7.30pm this coming Monday 1st March via Zoom, and members of the public are welcome to attend. If you’d like to comment on items on the agenda, you should forward a short statement to the Clerk at least 24 hours before the meeting, and mark it clearly if it is for Public Forum. The Clerk will read out such submissions in the public open forum, before the PC meeting formally commences. Full details are in the agenda Agenda for March 1st 2021 – 1, including joining instructions also listed below:
- Link to join the meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3628374062?pwd=YkdXcjlFR0w0cXdEQjN3cTZmUkM4UT09
- Meeting ID: 362 837 4062 Passcode: 252714
- To join by telephone dial either of these numbers: 0203 481 5240 || 0203 901 7895 || 0131 460 1196 || 0203 051 2874 || 0203 481 5237
- (When joining the Meeting please make sure your video/audio is OFF).
Draft minutes for the last meeting are here: KEEVIL PARISH COUNCIL – Minutes of the PC Meeting of January 4th 2021 (2)
Keevil Airfield and the Watchkeeper trial
The 47th Regiment Royal Artillery proposal to fly the Watchkeeper Tactical Unmanned Air System from Keevil for three months starting in May is still open for comments until Wednesday 3rd March 2021. Details in the documents below, including how to respond, and also on the CAA’s Airspace Change Portal
Wiltshire Local Plan review
The consultation on the Wiltshire Local Plan review remains open until Tuesday 9th March. This is your chance to have your say on where future development may be built in the next 15 years, and forms the basis against which planning applications are determined and neighbourhood plans developed. See the Local Plan Review Consultation page and some more information on the Review. There is also a separate consultation on the Gypsy and Travellers Plan.
Upcoming May elections
Wiltshire Council have been campaigning to urge residents to vote by post in May’s elections: here’s a useful page explaining how you can vote safely and what to expect.
Lets keep on keeping safe from Covid-19: with the vaccination programme going well, a possible roadmap out of lockdown, and a sense of spring in the air, it’s easy to forget we still have a long way to go before the pandemic is behind us, and our friends and neighbours often still struggle. We have a page of links here if you need it.
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah – #StaySafe 🙂