As we start to think about getting jobs done in the house and garden, please be aware that there are those around who may offer what sounds like a good service but end up costing you over the odds! To avoid being stung, follow these basic tips for any job valued at over £42:
- Don’t do business with cold-callers, or if you’re tempted, ask for a written quote.
- If you need a job done, approach known traders for a quote.
- Personal recommendation, ads in local press, or Which? Trusted Traders are good ways of finding the right contractor for you.
- You have legal rights if the job is valued at over £42.
- If you are worried, call your Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator or dial 999.
So let’s look forward to spring but keep alert for those “Rogue Traders” and make sure they don’t see Keevil as a soft touch!
Paul Lenaerts: Keevil Neighbourhood Watch Co-Ordinator | 01380 870186 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
19 February 2021