Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village.
As we all prepare to enter second-wave lockdown following Saturday’s announcement of new national restrictions, stay tuned for any changes to events planned in the near future – but in the meantime, fingers crossed, you’ll still be able to get a poppy from Laura at the Post Office in the Village Hall on Tuesday (2-4pm), and Eric Lepine’s French Pop-up Takeaway should fall under the exemptions list so we’re hoping he’ll still be parking up outside the village hall on Saturday.
Community Shed return Coronation Bench to former glory!
As you’ll probably have seen, the Coronation Bench was back in place two weeks ago, thanks to some of our awesome Shed team, so at least you will have somewhere to rest as you stretch your legs around the ‘hood 🙂
Parish Council matters..
- To join by video https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3628374062?pwd=YkdXcjlFR0w0cXdEQjN3cTZmUkM4UT09
Meeting ID: 362 837 4062 Passcode: 252714
- To join by telephone dial either of these numbers
0203 481 5240 – 0203 901 7895 – 0131 460 1196 – 0203 051 2874 – 0203 481 5237
- (When joining the Meeting please make sure your video/audio is OFF).
Also, minutes of the last three Parish Council meetings have now been published:
- Minutes of Planning Meeting on 19th October 2020: Minutes of Planning Meeting – October 19th 2020(3)
- Minutes of Extra General Parish Council Meeting on 28th September 2020: KEEVIL PARISH COUNCIL – Minutes of the PC Meeting of September 28th 2020 – 1
- Minutes of Parish Council Meeting on 7th September 2020: KEEVIL PARISH COUNCIL – Minutes of the PC Meeting of September 7th 2020 – 1 (1)
A message from Jan Maskrey, President of our Keevil WI
“Christmas is going to happen in a few weeks and who knows what we will be able to do this year. One thing that is allowed is light, lots of light, let’s light the whole village up and make this a Christmas we remember for how the village looks rather than all the things we aren’t allowed to do.
If you would like to take part in this year’s Advent Trail please let me know on 870438 – but if you don’t want to decorate a window then please think about placing lights in a window or tree so our pretty village sparkles this year.
Keevil WI celebrates an anniversary at the end of the year, it is 80 years since the ladies of Keevil made jam for the war effort in the kitchen at Beach House. It is unlikely that we will be able to celebrate in style so I’d like to record the anniversary with photos of the Advent Trail.”
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah #StaySafe