Welcome to a special COVID-19 edition of BUZZ Roundup – a quick summary of what we’ve done so far here in the village, as well as one or two other news items (yes, there is still other news!)
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a rapidly changing situation, however, one thing is crystal clear the last few days – the importance of effective social distancing and the avoidance of crowds, groups or gatherings, especially for vulnerable adults.
Your best sources of real time information are always going to be trusted news channels on TV, radio or internet-enabled devices: to supplement this, we’ve put together a page of links and information to help you protect your own health and that of your families and neighbours over the coming months, and list documents that explain what is being done here in Keevil by our Neighbourhood Watch and Emergency Planning teams, Parish Council, and the newly formed Keevil Emergency Group. We will of course continue to BUZZ information from these groups as soon as it comes in.
There is also now a KEEVIL VILLAGE Facebook Group which will act as a real-time message board for villagers of Keevil and their families, wherever they are. Come join the discussion! A HUGE shout-out of thanks to Ann Reid for ensuring this finally became more than a post-it note on my computer!
It goes without saying that Keevil’s normally busy social calendar has had to wind right down. We’ve yet to hear from some groups, but as soon as we do, it’ll be on the Diary section on the Home page, and in the next Roundup. In the meantime, here’s what we do know…
- All Walking Group rambles and bimbles have been suspended, we’ll keep these under review. Do try and get out for a walk on your own if you can though, it’s so physically and emotionally healthy! Just keep a safe distance frrom others if you’re ‘vulnerable’.
- The Art Group and WI have suspended all meetings until further notice.
- April’s Folk Night Evening with FAUSTUS has been rescheduled to Saturday 17th October 2020. All tickets will automatically be transferred to the new date, please contact Janet or Norman, Rachel or Tony if you have any queries.
- May’s Pub Night has been postponed, more news on that as it comes.
Parish Council and Planning…
- The minutes of the March Parish Council meeting are here: Draft Minutes March 2020 (1)
- Planning Application 19/11844/FUL to erect a single storey dwelling on land behind 63, 64 & 65 Martins Road has been APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS | Case Officer report here
- There is a new Planning Application 20/01720/FUL by Keevil Church Of England Primary School for a new 1.8m high black metal bow top fencing behind boundary wall. See the Planning Matters page for further links.
In other news…
Last Saturday’s Litter Pick was quite possibly the last time we’ll see so many villagers together for a while! Thanks to everyone who turned out, we had a good morning – read Paul’s report here.
Pats new neighbours are qwackers! – how lovely to be able to finish on a bright note in these dismal times. Pat reports they’ve requested that Norman brings a Welcome Pack over….!!
That’s all for now, folks! Stay safe and well, keep looking out for each other, and taking sensible precautions.
Bob & Sarah – FOLLOW THE BUZZ