Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
A fantastic performance once again from our awesome Drama Group – visit the page for a selection of images from the Friday night performance. Thank you so much for all the hard work you all put in, both on and off set – we appreciate the huge commitment you make for our delight and entertainment.
Christmas season is upon us! Which means the Keevil Advent Trail is now underway, download and print off a map of window locations and the days they will light up here: advent 2019 Map. Christmas Eve will be at the church gate, which will also be lit on the 15th for the carol service.
- The Christmas Shopping Evening this Thursday 5th December with several exciting new stalls: from 7pm in the village hall so pop in for those last minute gifts and enjoy a glass of wine and mince pie with friends while you’re there!
- The Keevil Ramblers are out again next Tuesday 10th December for a lovely canal stroll from Bradford On Avon to Avoncliff and back, contact Pete Gardner if you are walking.
- For anyone not out rambling, there is Tea & Chat in the village hall on Tuesday 10th December (not 3rd) from 2.30pm.
- Friday 20th December (not 21st as published in the magazine) is the annual Carol Singing Around The Village – anyone can join in, so grab your hats, scarves and torches and come sing your heart out with friends and neighbours.
- Still a few tickets left for the NYE event of the decade on Tuesday 31st December, come and party till you drop and welcome in 2020 as only Keevil knows how!
- And don’t forget to come Wassailing on Friday 17th January 2020 – a rare event on the Keevil Calendar, and supported this time by the fabulous folk duo FLY YETI FLY !
- Village Magazine Corrections… Elves everywhere appear to have been at the sherry already last week: Pat Bartholomew has asked us to let you know of other amendments to your village magazine…
- Church Services: Christmas Eve is Communion at 10pm, and Christmas Day is the 9.15am Christmas Family Service followed by a short Communion
- School events: the 9.30am Christmas Service at the Church is 20th December, not 19th, and the Easter Service on 3rd April, not 1st.
- New application: 19/10076/LBC for work at 63 Martins Lane – demolition of brickwork to gable end chimney stack, rebuilding of stack with increased height, and fitting of traditional log burner in fireplace.
- Three applications were Approved With Conditions:
As you know, the Church renovations start in the New Year and the first thing will be to remove the surplus pews, which can be viewed from Friday 6th December – all proceeds will go to help with the reordering costs.
The Parochial Church Council are currently having the pews, originally installed circa 1909, valued; they will be individually numbered and available to view in the church from Friday. If you would like to make a bid, contact Norman Owen 01380 870417 or email@example.com to register the number of the pew you’re bidding on and he’ll let you know the cost.
Cut off date for receipt of bids is Monday, 16th December. If there are more bids than pews you will be asked to submit a sealed bid; the pews will go to the highest bidders. The following sizes will be available (there may be slight variations) : –
- Small: -2 metres 10cms long.
- Small Plus: -2 metres, 55 centimetres long.
- Medium: -3metres, 13 centimetres long.
- Large: – 6 metres, 19centimetres long.
The pews will be removed by the builders, probably early in the first week of the reordering work (w/c 6th January). Purchasers will be advised when the pews have been removed and will need to collect their pews as soon as possible after this, so that work is not delayed.
That’s all for now folks! Enjoy your day and keep FOLLOWING THE BUZZ!
Bob & Sarah