Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
This time of year can be such fun, especially for those with young families, but it can also be extremely stressful for pets and livestock, not to mention the considerable number of thatched homes here in Keevil, so do be considerate to your neighbours when making any plans for fireworks. Dorset & Wiltshire Fire & Rescue have good safety precautions here, and general advice here for thatched cottages – it’s worth noting that most insurers of thatched properties place a moratorium on bonfires or other incendiaries within 100m of the property.
The WI Elves were talking about the Advent Trail they are planning this year in the last Buzz, and it seems they’re not the only ones with Christmas on their mind! A reliable source sent in this photo of Bill and Ali who assure us they were simply checking their chimney was ready in good time for Santa Claus! Okayyy… more captions anyone? 🙂
- Tea & Chat next Tuesday 5th November – cake and a cuppa in the village hall at 2.30pm
- Our wonderful Mobile Library service will be back outside the Rose & Crown cottages on Monday 11th November at 10.35am
- The Keevil Ramblers are out for another winter stroll around Seend and the Kennet & Avon Canal on Wednesday 13th November, meeting at The Barge at 10.30am. Let Colin Dimbylow know if you’re coming.
- Tickets are selling fast for THE WHITE SHEEP OF THE FAMILY, the Drama Groups’ major annual production on Thursday 21st, Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd November – so time to get a wiggle on if you’ve not booked yet!!
- Saturday 30th November: St Leonard’s Church CHRISTMAS COFFEE MORNING
- Thursday 5th December: CHRISTMAS SHOPPING evening
- Friday 6th December: ABBA NIGHT
- Tuesday 31st December: NEW YEARS EVE Party
- Friday 17th January 2020: WASSAILING EVENING
The next Parish Council meeting is this coming Monday 4th November at 7.30pm in the village hall – agenda here. There is also a new planning application 19/09903/FUL to be considered, although Buzz has not yet received notification of the date of the Parish Council planning meeting.
That’s all for now folks! Keep spreading the word with your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!
Bob & Sarah