Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather 🙂
Dates for your summer diary…
- Looking for some new reading material? The Mobile Library services will be back at Stocks Green on Monday 21st June 10.35am;
- Need to stretch your legs with a change of scenery? The Walking Group calendar is starting to look almost normal – next up is a ramble from East Knoyle on Wednesday June 23rd; and August’s walk around the Radstock area is planned for Thursday 12th August – all details on the page;
- Being thankful is good for your health too, and the Opening Celebration of the Church Re-ordering on the evening of 23rd June will be a memorable occasion;
- We’re all looking forward to the Church Fete and Family Fun Day on Saturday 26th June in the grounds of the Manor with some exciting new attractions! Fingers crossed for more sunshine 🙂 …
- The next full meeting of the Parish Council is planned for Monday 28th June – see below for details of a planning meeting next week;
- On Monday 5th July the nation comes together in gratitude, thanks and remembrance across a series of events for NHS Social Care and Frontline Workers Day – and Keevil WI will be hosting tea & cake in the village hall from 2-4pm and would absolutely love your support;
- And don’t forget your dancing shoes on Saturday 10th July for Music @ the Manor 21, marking VE Day 75+1, with the Salisbury Big Band and singer performing!
The eagle-eyed among you will have noticed Wiltshire Council relaunched the planning portal a few months ago, and there is something very strange going on with Decision dates on planning applications being set before the Consultation period expires. The Parish Council is seeking answers to this, but in the meantime it may be as well to contact the relevant planning officer directly – and letting a councillor or the clerk know – if you have any concerns regarding a particular application.
PLANNING MEETING 6pm on Tuesday 15th June at 49 Martins Road
Planning application PL/2021/03814 for extensions to form new utility facility and garden room with veranda on part of flat roof at 49 Martins Road BA14 6NA. View or download plans and documents here.
The agenda for the meeting is here: Keevil Parish Council – Agenda for June 15th 2021 – Extra Meeting
NEW PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED
PL/2021/04353 for Keevil Church of England Primary School, Main Street BA14 6LU
Removal of existing stone boundary wall. New 1.8m high natural stone wall with cock and hen coping detail. New 1.8m high black metal bow top fencing and gate near reception entrance
PL/2021/05639 (Listed Building Consent) and PL/2021/04246 for Beech Cottage, 14 Main Street BA14 6LU
Single Storey Kitchen Extension, Garage upgrading works including PV Solar panels, Master Bedroom and bathroom rearrangements, Replacement Greenhouse and New Garden Shed with PV Panels.
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂