Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with all the good news and happy happenings in our wonderful village, whatever the weather 🙂
And we hope it’s not tempting fate to say HELLO SUMMER at last! The gardens of Keevil were no doubt mown, pruned and weeded to within an inch of their lives last weekend, and alive to the laughter of small gatherings and the sizzling of barbeques. Sunshine, how we have missed thee!
Talking of sunshine – and keeping our fingers firmly crossed that covid guidance stays positive – we can’t think of anything more summery to look forward to than one of our great village traditions – the Annual (except in a pandemic year) Church Fete and Family Fun Day on Saturday 26th June – back this year in the grounds of the Manor with some exciting new attractions!
More dates for your summer diary…
- Keevil WI‘s next meeting on 9th June will be in a garden and not on Zoom! Weather depending, of course 😉 Note the earlier start time of 6.30pm;
- Next deadline for the VILLAGE MAGAZINE is 17th June 5pm – don’t forget this is the bumper July/August edition;
- The Mobile Library services will be back at Stocks Green on Monday 21st June 10.35am;
- The Walking Group are planning a Ramble from East Knoyle on Wednesday June 23rd;
- And in the evening on 23rd the Bishop of Ramsbury will lead the Opening Celebration of the Church Re-ordering;
- On Monday 5th July the Keevil WI are hosting tea & cake in the village hall from 2-4pm, in celebration of NHS Social Care and Frontline Workers Day;
- And on Saturday 10th July we will finally be able to celebrate Music @ the Manor 21, marking VE Day 75+1, with the Salisbury Big Band and singer performing – this is one event you don’t want to miss!
- STOP PRESS – there are a final few tickets remaining for FOLK ON THE BOAT on Friday 16th July, so be quick if you fancy some gentle folky midsummer cruising – details on the page.
There is one new planning application PL/2021/03814 for extensions to form new utility facility and garden room with veranda on part of flat roof at 49 Martins Road BA14 6NA. You can view or download plans and documents here – you’ll notice there is a discrepancy between the date of Consultation expiry of Thursday 17th June and the target Decision date a week earlier – the Parish Clerk is seeking clarification, and will notify us of a Parish Council meeting date as soon as possible. More details on the Planning Matters page.
Read a Summary of the Minutes of the last meeting of the Parochial Church Council of St Leonards in May here.
A350 Melksham Bypass
On Tuesday 1st June, the Wiltshire Council Cabinet approved the recommendation of Option 10c, which means that the next stage of non-statutory consultation will be launched at the Melksham Area Board meeting on Wednesday 23rd June 7pm
There is a link to the recording of the Cabinet meeting here (click on the link under Media and listen from 1:23:45 for 35 minutes) and the report with recommendations provided to the Cabinet here.
Do you have FIFTEEN MINUTES to spare? Well, you’re back in luck because after being rained off a few weeks ago, Celebrating Age Wiltshire are bringing one of their delightfully musical Doorstep Concerts to Myra and Karl’s at Highfield, 5 Main Street, Keevil for 10am this Friday 4th June. They’d love it if a few neighbours were able to go along and listen with them.
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂