Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather – or position of pandemic guidelines! 🙂
Calling all Drama Queens…
If there’s one thing you CAN be sure of, it’s that our drama group knows how to put on a show! It takes a team though, both on and off the stage, and they’d love to see some new faces…
STILL GOING AHEAD…
- The Mobile Library services should still be back at Stocks Green on Monday 21st June 10.35am;
- The Walking Group will still be rambling around East Knoyle on Wednesday June 23rd; and Bob has organised a Bimble from Harnham in Salisbury on 21st July – all details on the page;
- Halleluyah!! the Opening Celebration of the Church Re-ordering on the evening of 23rd June WILL be going ahead BUT YOU MUST BOOK IN ADVANCE, please see the Church Diary & Services page for full announcement and details;
- And the Keevil Cricket Club will keep playing, there’s a league game Saturday 26th and a friendly on Sunday 27th June – list of June and July home fixtures on the page…
CHANGE OF DATE…
- The Church Fete and Family Fun Day next Saturday has been cancelled – a new date for August is being sought;
- Music @ the Manor 21, marking VE Day 75+1, with the Salisbury Big Band will now take place on Saturday 24th July; Tickets already purchased will automatically be valid, or a full refund will be given. Deets on the page;
- The next meeting of the Parish Council will provisionally move to Tuesday 29th June, details and venue to be confirmed;
- The date of the FOLK ON THE BOAT trip has had to be revised yet again, and will now take place on Saturday 21st August – see page for further information or contact Rachel, Tony (870661) or Norman (870417).
On the subject of date changes, you may remember Pat and John Tucker’s incredible daughter Julia decided to do a WINGWALK ON AN AIRBORNE BIPLANE in aid of the Wiltshire Air Ambulance last year, but the pandemic meant it couldn’t go ahead. It has now been rescheduled for July 8th, and Pat is hoping to add to her donations by hosting a coffee morning with cakes for sale at Willow House, 81a Main Street on Saturday 3rd July 10.30-12noon – all welcome. Julia’s JustGiving page is here.
We must leave you with heartfelt words from the Organising Team of the KEEVIL VILLAGE FOLK NIGHTS…
Following the sad death of Janet Hopkins we would like to reflect on the contribution Janet made to the Keevil village folk nights.
Janet was a founder member of the team that organised the annual folk nights in the village since 2013. It was her enthusiasm that prompted the idea to set up such events. Together with Rachel, Tony and Norman (Janet’s husband) they regularly visited various folk clubs and festivals in the area to seek out suitable acts to perform at the village folk nights. Their efforts resulted in having some of the finest folk talent from local, national and international levels appearing at Keevil. Many of these artists, who have become firm friends and regular favourites, have sent tributes –
“Janet was popular. I am so sorry to learn of her death. Your lovely village has suffered much loss recently.” Hilary Pavey
“We always felt a great sense of friendship and support from Janet and Norman of course as we do all of the “Gang” and so this is very sad news. We’ll remember Janet with much affection.” Bryn Williams – Folklaw
“We are so sorry to hear that Janet has passed. Janet was a bright and beautiful light in Keevil and we’re sure that you will all miss her terribly. With much Yeti love to you all.” Lorna, Darren and Tinks – Fly Yeti Fly
“Janet was a lovely lady. She was always so vibrant and chatty with us. Sincere condolences to Norman “ Jan and Ian
The village folk evenings will not be the same without Janet but her memory will live on and her spirit will always be with us on future occasions.
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂