Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with village news during extraordinary times.
Unfortunately the Evening with Faustus, originally planned for March and rescheduled for Saturday 17th October 2020 is now CANCELLED. Things just haven’t improved sufficiently for organisers Janet, Norman, Rachel and Tony to feel comfortable with the risk, and numbers allowed in the Hall would be very limited. So the next Folk Night will be (covid-permitting!) 13th March 2021. If you would like a refund of your Faustus tickets, please contact Rachel and Tony (870661), otherwise, monies will be transferred to next March.
- It’s Food bank Friday this week so any donations pop in the collection box in the porch ideally by Thursday afternoon – anything you can spare is sincerely and gratefully received.
- August Sunday services at St Leonard’s Church will be held at 9.15am, and ongoing for the foreseeable future.
Parish Council matters
The Parish Council will be holding a Planning Application Meeting via Zoom this coming Tuesday August 11th to discuss the following: –
- Application 20/05855/TCA: Site at rear of 63, 64, 64A Martins Road – cut back to boundary 4 Horse Chestnut trees & 2 Sycamore trees [the trees are on the land of the neighbouring property 62 Martins Road]. Note the Consultation deadline and target decision date for this application is Wednesday 12th August
- Application 20/05687/TCA: Bluebell Cottage 63 Martins Road – remove T1 Eucalyptus due to it being close to property, replacing with a more suitable tree rowan/cherry.
- Application 20/06417/TCA: Springfield House 11 A Main Street – fell a Crack Willow tree
- Application 20/04574/FUL: Talboys 18 Main Street – Erection of fence [retrospective application]
Further details and links are also on the Planning Matters page. Members of the public are invited to join the meeting, all details on the agenda: Planning Meeting Agenda August 11th 2020 amended 2
The next Parish Council Meeting will be Monday 7th September, 2020 and will include co-option for two Casual Vacancies, the closing date for written submissions of interest is midnight on Friday August 28th 2020. Full details on the website here
The Parish Council have published Annual Governance and Accountability documents for the year ended 31 March 2020, you can also find these and previous records here (scroll down the page):
You’ll have read in the notes of July’s Parish Council meeting published in the Parish News (the draft minutes have not yet been published) that the PC intend setting up it’s own website for council content. Rest assured this will not affect the Buzz and KeevilVillage.com, we will still be here doing what we do and keeping you up to date with all that’s happening in our wonderful village!
And we have added another sister Facebook Group to the family – For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil – for people who live in Keevil and the surrounding villages to buy or sell services and products, re- or free-cycle things they no longer want, and enquire after items or services they need. We’d love to have you join us, PLEASE read the guidelines and make sure you answer all the questions when you apply to join, there is no automatic entry.
That’s all for now folks – thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah #StaySafe