Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you up to date with all that’s happening in our wonderful village!
Members of the Keevil Community Shed were out and about as usual this morning – and the Recreation Ground crew were shocked to find the WI anniversary bench had been decorated with a charming welcome message! For those that can’t see the writing in the image, “F*CK IT” had been carefully drawn in blue chalk – and I mean carefully, the straight lines were practically ruler-straight! It took a fair bit of scrubbing by yours truly to completely remove, and the lovely patina that was developing on the stone has all but gone with it. So whoever the joker was – NOT FUNNY. And that’s all we can say without resorting to asterisks of our own…..
In other, happier news…
- Contrary to what the buzzy village Bee told you last week, Food bank Friday is actually THIS week because of course Janet was on holibobs 🙂 Any donations pop in the collection box in the church porch by Thursday afternoon – each and every item is sincerely and gratefully received.
- The deadline for the September edition of the village magazine will be 10am Thursday 20th August
Parish Council matters
The Parish Council will be holding a Planning Application Meeting via Zoom tomorrow Tuesday August 11th, 7pm to discuss several applications that concern trees in a Conservation Area (TCA) and one retrospective fence application. Further details and links to applications are on the Planning Matters page, meeting details on the agenda: Planning Meeting Agenda August 11th 2020 amended 2
Don’t forget the next Parish Council Meeting on Monday 7th September, 2020 and will include co-option for the two Casual Vacancies; closing date for submissions of interest is midnight on Friday August 28th 2020. Full details on the website here
It’s always a pleasure to hear from Peter Dixon, and he’s been in touch with concerns over the latest NHS Test and Trace scams which have become such a risk and nuisance. To be clear, NHS Test and Trace is a free service and you DO NOT pay! Visit the NHS TEST & TRACE which says…
- Text messages will come from NHStracing. Calls will come from 0300 0135000.
- Children under 18 will be contacted by phone wherever possible and asked for their parent or guardian’s permission to continue the call.
- You’ll be asked to sign in to the NHS Test and Trace contact tracing website at https://contact-tracing.phe.gov.uk. If you cannot use the contact tracing website, they will call you.
Important: the NHS Test and Trace service will not:
- ask for bank details or payments
- ask for details of any other accounts, such as social media
- ask you to set up a password or PIN number over the phone
- ask you to call a premium rate number, such as those starting 09 or 087
Also here a link to the OFCOM consumer advice on such scams.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah #StaySafe