Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with village news during extraordinary times. And the good news is…
THE POST OFFICE IS BACK!
Starting as usual in the Village Hall (side door) from 1 – 4.15pm (last posting 4pm) from today Tuesday 21st July. Laura will stick to strict guidelines and ensure that the necessary sanitising and social distancing takes place. Face masks will need to be worn in line with Government advice (from 24 July).
Coming up (and it’s a long time since we’ve been able to write that!)…
- August Parish Magazine: deadline Tuesday 21st July, so if you have anything you’d like included it needs to reach Pat today – email@example.com
- Janet will be going to the Food bank this Friday 24th July, so any donations pop in the collection box in the porch ideally by Thursday afternoon. No special requests this week, whatever you can spare is sincerely and gratefully received
- For the foreseeable future, all services at St Leonard’s Church will be held at 9.15am. The Service next Sunday 26th July will now be Holy Communion, and official guidelines will be followed, will be little different from the usual format.
- Planning application 20/03723/FUL to develop the Land Adjacent Church Farm 16 Main Street, has been WITHDRAWN. You can view or download documents, correspondence, consultee responses, and letters of representation here
- Planning Application 20/03722/FUL for a cow shed at Woodhouse Farm 98 The Strand, has been APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS | Case Officer Report here. You can view or download documents, correspondence and letters of representation here
Vacancies for two Parish Councillors
The two Casual Vacancies on Keevil Parish Council, due to the resignations of Simon Newton and Juliette Goodwin, will now be filled by co-option at the Parish Council Meeting on Monday 7th September, 2020. The closing date for written submissions of interest is midnight on Friday August 28th 2020.
- Full details on the website here
- Download the notice: Co-option July 2020 Final
- Download co-option procedure: Co-option Procedure Mk2
In case you missed some of the enriching conversations over on the village Facebook group, Ann has a message for you 🙂
Calling all keen Keevil gardeners – free, bagged, horse manure available for compost/roses. Fresh, not rotted down, but does the job and is already successfully used by several villagers. Available for collection from Steeple Ashton from hardstanding so very easy to load. Bags are pretty clean so all is needed is a plastic sheet in your boot to stand them on. Call 0784 0641 900 – Ann
That’s all for now folks – if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah #StaySafe