Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of what’s coming up.
The minutes from the last Parochial Parish Council meeting are here – we’re excited to note the Opening Celebration of the reordered Church will be held on Sunday 7 June 2020 at 3pm, led by Bishop Andrew – all welcome.
- The Mobile Library will be back at Rose & Crown Cottages next Monday 2nd March at 10.35am, definitely worth a browse for something new to read…
- The next Parish Council Meeting on Monday 2nd March starts at 7.30pm in the Village Hall. Agenda KEEVIL PARISH COUNCIL Draft Agenda March 20 includes the vacancy co-option. As always, villagers are welcomed both in public forum and to observe the main meeting.
- Next Tuesday 3rd March cake is back on the agenda at Tea & Chat from 2.30pm in the village hall.
- Don’t forget the KEEVIL SINGERS and Wiltshire Council Singers will present An Evening of Song and Laughter on Friday 6th March 7.30pm in Edington Priory;
- And the ANNUAL BANGERS & MASH LUNCH is back on 7th March 12.30pm in the village hall, see page for ticket details.
- Have you booked your tickets for the Folk Night Evening with FAUSTUS on 18th April? – we are very lucky to have this extraordinary trio playing in Keevil!
- A bit of forward planning – the 2020 Annual Outing of the Railway Heritage Group hopes to visit the Mid Hants Railway (Watercress Line) on 9th September this year – all details on the page, please register your interest as soon as possible so Rachel & Tony can work out if the trip is viable.
There is a new planning application 20/00837/FUL for the demolition of car port, conservatory and coats lobby and construction of new conservatory, garage and workshop, with new bedroom and study area over, at The Beeches, 3 Martins Lane – see the Planning Matters page for links and details
On the last Buzz Roundup, I wrote the word ‘sufficient’ instead of ‘insufficient’ when relaying the council’s comments about parking space on the Martins Road planning application 19/11844/FUL. My error entirely and I’m sorry for any confusion. The post has been corrected. / Sarah
Ginny has also explained that councillors objected to that planning application. This is not in the draft minutes we were supplied with for the website, but Ginny has kindly provided additional documentation. The website has been updated accordingly, and both documents included here for your information:
Planning aplication 19 11844 FUL
Planning-Committee- Draft Minutes- 15th Feb 20
That’s all for now, folks! Don’t forget you can get in touch with your own village news, pictures or suggestions any time.
Bob & Sarah