Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with village news and events in Keevil come rain or shine.
And after such a day of rain, you may be glad that The George (Pub Night) is open tonight, from 7-11 in the village hall – free ploughmans with your first drink and no need to book, just come along and enjoy a relaxing evening with friends and neighbours 🙂
- The Quiz & Fish’n’Chip Supper Night is back for the second time this year on 29th October – do book early, this is a popular event 🙂
- 1st TUESDAY CLUB is back to it’s normal slot on Tuesday 2nd November – Bob and his pinny will be serving copious cuppas plus – of course – cake, 2.30-4pm in the village hall. The Post Office will also be open 🙂
- Remember Remember Saturday 5th November there will be a Coffee & Cake Morning in the village hall 10am-noon, in aid of the Church Flower Fund, including raffle. Free entry, coffee/tea and cake (with unlimited refills) only £5! Further details from Rachel Howe (870661) or Pat Bartholomew (870443).
- Christmas Crafting is on the cards at the next WI meeting on Wednesday 9th November 7.30pm sharp in the village hall – do come along, this one is a lotta fun!
- Sausages, bacon and a cuppa are back in service at BREAKFAST IN CHURCH on Saturday 12th November 9-11am at St Leonards;
- The annual REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY commemoration will take place at the War Memorial on 13th November 10.45am
- And make sure you have the 17th November 5pm deadline in your diary for the VILLAGE MAGAZINE as this is for the December/January edition
There’s Parish Council Meetings on Tuesday 25th October to discuss several new planning applications (see below), and the regular Ordinary meeting on Monday 7th November, both at 7.30pm in the village hall. Minutes of previous meetings are here, or on the PC website here.
One new application has been added to the agenda for next Tuesdays Planning meeting: (Agenda 2022_10_25 Planning Meeting)
Just a quick reminder that from 1 November, the opening hours of Wiltshire Council’s Household Recycling Centres will change to 10am-4pm on each day that they’re open. Currently they are open from 9am. Also, as per previous years, Trowbridge HRC will be closed for an additional day a week, so will not be operating on Thursdays and Fridays. All of these temporary changes will take affect from 1 November and last until 31 March.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂