Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with village news and events in Keevil come rain or shine.
A few new photos on the website from this years RAF Keevil Remembrance, also the Harvest Supper – our first in three years – we were delighted to welcome our new Rector Jake Eggertsen and his lovely wife Nicola. After a fabulous supper of shepherds pie rounded off with a selection of scrumptious desserts and coffee served up by Geoff West and Debbie Meatyard, an evening of amusing anecdotes, poetry and song led by our choir and others. Thanks a million to everyone who contributed!
- 1st TUESDAY CLUB is back tomorrow for a one-off slot on the second Tuesday for this month only – Bob’s back in his pinny serving copious cuppas plus – of course – cake, 2.30-4pm in the village hall. The Post Office will also be open 🙂
- The Walking Group are off around Mells on Wednesday 12th October – keep an eye on the page; for more winter walks coming up;
- Puppetry is the name of the game at this months WI meeting on Wednesday 12th October 7.30pm sharp in the village hall;
- Sausages and bacon and a cuppa are the order of service for BREAKFAST IN CHURCH on Saturday 15th October 9-11am at St Leonards;
- The George is throwing open its doors again for Pub Night on Friday 21st October 7-11pm in the village hall, this is one not to miss!
- And the Quiz & Fish’n’Chip Supper Night is back for the second time this year on 29th October – do book early, this event fills up fast 🙂
- Remember Remember Saturday 5th November, in the village hall 10am-noon – there will be a Coffee & Cake Morning in aid of the Church Flower Fund, including raffle (of course). Our flower arrangers pay for most of the flowers you see in St. Leonard’s Church themselves but for the Festivals (Christmas, Easter and Harvest) they rely on a flower fund to help supplement the ever-increasing cost of the flowers. Free entry, coffee/tea and cake (with unlimited refills) only £5! Further details and/or offers of help on the day to Rachel Howe (870661) or Pat Bartholomew (870443).
There’s Parish Council Meetings on Tuesday 25th October to discuss several new planning applications (see below), and the regular Ordinary meeting on Monday 7th November, both at 7.30pm in the village hall. Minutes of previous meetings are here, or on the PC website here.
In addition to the applications at 30 Pyatts Corner (PL/2022/06831 and PL/2022/06829 ) there’s some additional new applications due to be discussed at the meeting on 25th October:
- PL/2022/07008 at 84 Keevil, BA14 6NH is a proposal for four handmade timber glamping pods for guests with bicycle storage and recycling/waste storage, utilising existing parking area with 1no parking bay per pod and an additional electric vehicle charging point, landscaping and underground water treatment plant for drainage treatment;
- PL/2022/07498 for works to trees in a conservation area at St Leonard’s Church, Main Street BA14 6SB;
- PL/2022/07731 also for works to trees in a conservation area at Blagden House, 19A Main Street, BA14 6LU
As mentioned above, the RAF Keevil Remembrance occupies a special place in Keevil history, and we were sad to learn that John Bosley, the splendid old Sapper who for the last few years had laid his wreath from a wheelchair, has died. His story was covered on the British Army Facebook page not long ago.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂