Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with village news and events in Keevil come rain or shine.
As I write, autumn feels like it’s arrived and the halcyon days of summer are beginning to recede… but thanks to Pat Tucker you can recall happy memories of the village fete, and to Rachel Howe the fabulous Heritage Railway Group trip to the Watercress Line: thanks to everyone who supported these events 🙂 And we must of course congratulate our awesome Cricket team for their league promotion following the win against Purton!
The sun shone again on the annual Service of Remembrance for RAF Keevil, this simple event is such an important part of our village history and it was lovely to have it led by our new Rector Jake Eggertsen this year…
- In case it had escaped your attention, we have some great classes in the village hall and the most recent addition is a Dance Fitness session on Thursday evenings;
- And on Wednesday 5th October both the ART GROUP (10am) and the CRAFT GROUP (2pm) will be back in the village hall;
- Calling all bookworms: the MOBILE LIBRARY is back on 10th October outside Rose and Crown Cottages at Stocks Green;
- And although the 1st TUESDAY CLUB is not exactly first in October – due to Bob being off on another jolly (honestly, anyone would think he was trying to leave the village or something, lol) – he’ll be back in the hall with copious cups of tea or coffee plus – of course – cake, on the second Tuesday 11th October, 2.30-4pm. Laura is of course there for the Post Office (and her gorgeous eggs) on all Tuesdays!;
- The Walking Group have had some smashing summer strolls, and they’re going into the autumn with a fabulous walk in Mells on Wednesday 12th October led by John Tucker and Paul Lenaerts – all deets on the page; do book in with John as soon as you can as he needs to pre-order lunch at The Woolpack Inn;
- The Keevil WI are nailing it with a talk by John Davis on The Story of Pelham Puppets, 12th October 7.30pm in the village hall;
- Sausages and bacon and a cuppa will of course be the only order of service for BREAKFAST IN CHURCH on Saturday 15th October 9-11am at St Leonards;
- And a date for your diary: the legendary Quiz & Fish’n’Chip Supper Night is back for the second time this year on 29th October – do book early, this event fills up fast!
- Finally (for now) for all you folkies, there’s a MIKE SCOTT Charity Benefit concert taking place at Widcombe Social Club, Bath, on Sunday 30th October, 6:45pm – 10:15pm. A tribute to Mike, who played many times at Keevil Folk Nights, and in aid of charities Dorothy House and Changing Tunes. Ticket deets on the page.
There’s a Parish Council Meeting on Monday 7th November at 7.30pm in the village hall, although there’ll be a planning meeting to be arranged in October (see below). Minutes of previous meetings are here, or on the PC website here.
We are still looking for a permanent part-time Parish Clerk/RFO to support our team of councillors. If you have some hours to spare each week, are well-organised, and interested in parish life – even if you’re new to the village – take a look at the job specification here and contact Alex or Sarah for an informal chat.
There’s a new Planning Application PL/2022/06831 and PL/2022/06829 at 30 Pyatts Corner BA14 6LY
PL/2022/06831 is for Roofing tiles stripped on all slopes, roofs repaired, re-felted, insulated, battened and retiled using existing slate. Minor extensions to roof at eaves and one gable to provide weather protection over doors. New roof window on hidden rear/ side slope. Provision of 9no. pv panels including 3 on front roof, AND PL/2022/06829 is for Provision of new conservatory in existing courtyard including extending Party Wall to no. 29. Extending eaves to provide protection to doors. One roof window to gf wc insulation and timber boarding to NE Gable
- PL/2022/06831 View or download plans and documents here, comment on the application and view other comments here
- PL/2022/06829 View or download plans and documents here, comment on the application and view other comments here
- Consultation deadline Friday 28th October, Decision deadline Tuesday 15th November 2022
Geoff West is leading an initiative for a brand new family orientated Music day on the recreation ground next summer: along with a variety of side events, a cool line-up of different groups and musical styles being played throughout the afternoon is envisaged. If you have any experience with event management, or just sheer enthusiasm for music, family and keeping everyone entertained, come along to Geoff’s on Wednesday 19th October at 7.30pm to start putting ideas together and making a plan. Contact Geoff on 01380 870425 | firstname.lastname@example.org or Sarah on 01380 871729 | 07870 909757 | email@example.com
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂