Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
Following a really useful and interesting Keevil Neighbourhood Watch Annual meeting attended by 11 guest residents, please see minutes here: KNHWmeeting17Mar22. Also it’s worth noting the following advice from Paul Lenaerts: “we are getting reports of heating oil being stolen from storage tanks so please be aware especially if your tank is visible from the road. There are security devices available but first priority is to hide it with a fence panel or two and make access difficult.”
- The George throws it’s doors wide open for PUB NIGHT this Friday 1st April 7pm in the village hall – no need to book, just turn up, and get a free ploughmans with your first drink! Everyone welcome!
- And on Saturday morning 2nd April its time again for the ANNUAL KEEVIL GBSC LITTER PICK – do come along and join in, it’s a real village affair, all help is welcome and many (appropriately gloved) hands make light work… meet at 9.30am outside the village hall for a briefing, kit will be supplied but please bring your own gloves, and hi-viz if you have it.
- Cake and conversation along with a good cuppa are the order of the afternoon at 1st Tuesday next Tuesday 5th April, 2.30pm in the village hall;
- Also a reminder that next Tuesday evening 5th April at 7.30pm in the village hall there is an OPEN MEETING to discuss Motorsports on the airfield. An increase in activity this year led to a meeting between villager Paul Lenaerts and Major General Simon Hutchings, President of the British Army Motorsport Association (who host the Track Days). They agreed to hold an OPEN MEETING for residents where the Track Days would be publicly debated by Simon and Paul, chaired by Rob Kevan (who as a Parish Councillor holds the Airfield Liaison portfolio). If any resident has a view, please come along on Tuesday, or contact Paul Lenaerts on 870186.
- The bacon will be sizzling again on Saturday 9th April from 9am ’til 11 when BREAKFAST IN CHURCH returns to St Leonard’s. No need to book, just come along and enjoy a bacon or sausage butty with a cup of tea or coffee – all proceeds to church funds.
- Our Keevil WI next meet on Wednesday 13th April at 7.30pm in the village hall – see their page for an interesting take on a women’s group in the village
- Our intrepid cricket team are dusting off their bats for the new season, and to kick things off the Keevil Cricket Club Quiz Night is back on Friday 22nd April, 7.30pm at the village hall – teams of 6 and there’s only a couple of tables left so WhatsApp or text Simon Tyler for a reservation on 07879 818148 – this event raises much-needed funds for the club ground and equipment – they’d love some new benches for spectators, and the marquee changing room could use some simple benches for the players..
- SAVE THE DATE! Friday 27th May sees a new format for the ANNUAL PARISH COMMUNITY MEETING, with activities on the Banfield Recreation Ground from 4.30pm and the Parish Meeting at 6pm. See page for deets (more will be added in due course).
Thanks to everyone who supported the Keevil WI coffee morning on 19th March, over £865 was raised for the DEC Ukrainian Humanitarian appeal which is amazing for a small village like Keevil. And the Keevil Singers joined forces once again with the Wiltshire Council Singers for a special fundraiser that raised £1,500 in aid of the Ukrainian refugee crisis, see Wiltshire Times article here.
Wiltshire Council have a page here for updates on how Wiltshire is supporting the refugee crisis. They will have notice of families coming to Wiltshire through the Homes for Ukraine Scheme and where they will be staying. Wiltshire Council will also have a role to play in carrying out safeguarding checks and liaising with schools and other services to ensure the families are able to settle into the county.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂