Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
First, a huge group thank to everyone who turned out for the ANNUAL KEEVIL GBSC LITTER PICK on Saturday; our haul was not as large as previous years which is almost certainly down to so many villagers taking a bag with them on their regular constitutionals! See the Shed page for some images, including of past years…
- It’s the first Tuesday of the month tomorrow which means there’s be tea, coffee, cake and conversation from 2.30pm in the village hall at 1st Tuesday Club, don’t forget the Post Office will be open too;
- BREAKFAST is back in the CHURCH on Saturday 9th April from 9am ’til 11 – no need to book, just come along and enjoy a lovely hot bacon or sausage butty with a cup of tea or coffee – all proceeds to church funds;
- The April meeting of Keevil WI is next Wednesday 13th April at 7.30pm in the village hall, with a super talk about the history of Trowbridge by David Birks;
- Deadline for the May edition of the VILLAGE MAGAZINE is Thursday 21st April at 5pm;
- And the Keevil Cricket Club Quiz Night returns on Friday 22nd April, 7.30pm at the village hall – teams of 6 and only 2-3 tables left so WhatsApp or text Simon Tyler for a reservation on 07879 818148 – always a great evening’s entertainment!
A reminder of the OPEN MEETING tomorrow evening TUESDAY 5th April (NOT Wednesday as published in the Parish News) at 7.30pm in the village hall, to discuss Motorsports on the airfield with Major General Simon Hutchings; if you are a resident of Keevil and have a view, please come along or contact Paul Lenaerts on 870186.
On Thursday 21st April there will be two AGMs in the village hall: at 7.30pm the KEEVIL COMMUNITY AMENITIES TRUST will hold it’s 10th Annual General Meeting, and at 8pm the VILLAGE HALL committee will hold its Annual General Meeting, including a discussion of land registry matters. All residents are welcome to attend either or both meetings.
And on Sunday 24th April it will be the turn of the Annual Parochial Church Meeting at around 10.15am in church after the morning service – again, all are welcome.
Planning applications PL/2021/07552 (Listed Building Consent) and PL/2021/07000 at The Lamb Inn on The Strand have been withdrawn by the applicants. You can view letters of representation and consultee comments here
As of last Friday, the Government removed some COVID-19 restrictions and introduced new guidance, and with local case rates still high, Wiltshire Council is asking people to continue to be courteous of others by wearing a face covering in indoor crowded spaces, practicing good hand and respiratory hygiene and continuing to stay at home if they are unwell to limit the transmission of all infectious diseases. Kate Blackburn, Director of Public Health, said: “As we adjust to living safely with COVID-19, it is important that we keep in mind that the virus is still very prevalent in our communities and poses a health risk, particularly to vulnerable people.”
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂