Welcome back to the first BUZZ Roundup of 2022, Happy New Year everyone!
We hope you all had a peaceful and healthy festive season. Celebrations in the village did not quite reach pre-pandemic levels but there was still a great deal to enjoy during December, and the village once again looked beautiful with all the amazing Christmas lights and advent windows – we’ve managed to capture many of them in the gallery here, but if you have any pictures of your own you’d like included, send them to Sarah (deets on the gallery page). Thanks again to Jan Maskrey and the WI for organising the windows, great fun!
Also, it was so good to be back out singing carols around the village this year – although, like everything else, it was a smaller event, it was immensely enjoyable, and grateful thanks to those who provided sustaining imbibery to keep us all going 🙂
- Today Tuesday 4th January sees the first 1st TUESDAY CLUB (formerly Tea & Chat) of the New Year, a chance to catch up with friends and neighbours over a cuppa and a little cake (there is always room for a little bit of cake, even in January), 2.30-4pm in the village hall;
- The ART GROUP meets again on Wednesday 5th January 10-12.30, and the CRAFT GROUP the following week on Wednesday 12th January, 1.30-3.30pm, so if any of those new year resolutions involve doing something more creative, now’s the time!
- The WALKING GROUP is also back out for a ramble on 12th January around the Kennet & Avon Canal and River Avon from Semington, with lunch (currently at any rate, watch this space) planned at the Somerset Arms, please let walk leader Paul Lenaerts know if you would like to join the walk and/or for lunch – see page for full details;
- The WI will be meeting in the evening on 12th January for its Fish & Chip supper and Film Night…
- … And although there will be no Breakfast In Church this month (it will be back, have no fear) there will instead be a delectable SOUP & PUD lunch on Saturday 15th January from mid-day in the village hall, tickets from Geoff West.
The next meeting of the Parish Council is at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th January in the village hall. The agenda will be published shortly. Draft minutes of past meetings can be found on the Parish Council website, and here on the village site.
There is a planning application to be considered, PL/2021/11438 at 96 Baldham, Seend. This is within the Keevil Parish and is a Change of Use of Land from agriculture to a mixed use of agriculture and a dog walking safety area with proposed timber shelter. You can view or download plans and documents here, or comment on the application here.
The village also still needs a new Parish Clerk/RFO – all the details are here, if you’d like to know more, call Geoff West for chat…
The 2022 Folk Night will see the welcome return of the unique folk sound of the ever-popular Folklaw, plus debut appearances in Keevil for singer-songwriter and legendary storyteller Reg Meuross, the talented Andrew Rumsey (formerly of The Effras), and Antoine & Owena whose inspiration comes from both traditional and contemporary folk music. All deets on the page, ONLY A FEW TICKETS LEFT so if you are interested book now: contact Rachel and Tony (01380) 870661 or Norman (01380) 870417
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂