Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
And we’re off! The Village Advent Trail has started, and the Christmas lights around the village makes it all feel very festive. Thanks again to Jan Maskrey and the WI for organising the advent windows, it’s great fun to do! Here’s the list if you want to go on a Christmas trail hunt (you can download the file here Keevil Village Advent Trail 2021…
Following the Plan B Covid announcements, if any of the below changes we’ll let you know as soon as possible, but contact the organisers for any updates…
- Tomorrow Saturday 11th December the Christmas tree lights will be switched on outside the Village Hall at 5.30pm with carol singing, and mulled wine and mince pies in the hall afterwards;
- The School Carol, Nativity, & Christmas Services HAVE NOW BEEN CANCELLED
- Christmas Breakfast In Church is next Saturday 18th December, with mulled wine and mince pies as well as bacon butties and tea/coffee, and carols playing gently in the background. Serving from 9.30am until 11.30am, only £3 (all profits to Church Restoration Fund), so don your Christmas jumper and come join the fun!
- On Sunday 19th December at 6.30pm there will be a Candlelight and Carols service in St Leonard’s with Bishop Andrew (and refreshments afterwards);
- And on Tuesday 21st December our traditional Annual Carol Singing Around the Village will be starting from the Church at 6.45pm, so wrap up warm, grab your torches and let’s bring some Christmas cheer to Keevil doorsteps!
- The Christmas Eve Communion in church will be 10pm 24th December, and then at 9.15am on 25th December the Christmas Day Family Service.
Don’t forget the Parish Council are interested to hear from you on the donations it makes. For more details see the PC website here – you can send your thoughts to Geoff West, Chair, Keevil Parish Council firstname.lastname@example.org to be received NO LATER than Friday 31st December 2021.
The village also still needs a new Parish Clerk/RFO – all the details are here, if you’d like to know more, call Geoff West for chat…
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂