Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
And talking of weather, every cloud has a silver lining, right? Such a shame that Lorna & Darren of Fly Yeti Fly have had to postpone the launch of their new album until March, but we know all their supporters here in the village will be right behind them – and just to cheer you all up – at last! – here’s a gallery of selected images from our village Folk Night in October… ENJOY!
- The Mobile Library will be back outside Rose and Crown Cottages at Stocks Green on Monday 6th December 10.35 – 10.55am;
- Also on Monday 6th December the Parish Council are holding a Planning Application meeting in the village hall at 8.15pm (after choir) – the agenda is here: Keevil Parish Council – Agenda for December 6th 2021 – Extra Meeting_v1.1;
- On Tuesday 7th December the 1st TUESDAY CLUB will be back in the village hall 2.30-4pm for lots of tea, chat and CAKE! 🙂
- The Christmas edition of Breakfast In Church is on Saturday 18th December, with mulled wine and mince pies as well as bacon butties and tea/coffee, and of course carols playing. Serving from 9.30am until 11.30am, only £3 with all profits going to the Church Restoration Fund – so dig out your best (or worst!) Christmas jumper or a silly Santa hat and come join the fun!
See the Christmas events page and also the Church Diary page for more festive goings-on, including the Candlelight and Carols service with Bishop Andrew (refreshments afterwards) on Sunday 19th December at 6.30pm.
And on Tuesday 21st December our traditional Annual Carol Singing Around the Village will be starting from the Church at 6.45pm, so don your gloves and woolly hats, grab your torches and let’s fill the footpaths of Keevil with the ringing sounds of festive joy this year!
The Parish Council would like to hear your thoughts on the donations it makes. Each year the PC sets a budget for donations under what is called S137 expenditure which is for things directly relevant to the interests and benefit of the Keevil area or any part of it and some or all of its inhabitants.
This year’s budget was set by the last council at £550, and the PC will decide how to spend this at the Parish Council meeting on 11th January 2022, plus set the budget for 2022-23. For more details see the PC website here.
The PC would like to hear suggestions from villagers for the council to consider when allocating the existing budget next month, and deciding the budget for next year. Please send your thoughts to Geoff West, Chair, Keevil Parish Council firstname.lastname@example.org to be received NO LATER than Friday 31st December 2021.
A350 Melksham Bypass Proposals
Wiltshire Council have agreed to make changes to the A350 Melksham bypass project based on community feedback – after considering the responses from local councils, community groups and the public to the second consultation held during this summer, WC agreed to proceed with proposals with a change to the way forward for the scheme.
Cllr Dr Mark McClelland, Cabinet Member for Transport, said: “We’ve listened to the communities in and around Melksham about the proposed A350 bypass, and following this feedback, we will revisit the route and consult again on these changes. This further consultation would look at specific points of detail along the proposed route, such as public rights of way and water courses.” WC will now prepare a carbon management plan before submitting the outline business case to DfT, and anticipate the results of National Highways’ current north-south connectivity study next year. If the scheme is then approved to move forward, it is anticipated that further consultation on the route would happen later in 2022.
The Cabinet papers are here; find out more about the scheme here.
Christmas waste and recycling collections …
- Waste and recycling collection dates will not change over the Christmas and New Year period, as waste collection crews will be working as normal on the Bank Holiday Monday 27 December, Tuesday 28 December 2021, and Monday 3 January 2022.
- Garden waste collections will stop for two weeks over the festive period. The last collections will take place on Friday 24 December and restart on Monday 10 January 2022.
- Household Recycling Centre (HRC) opening times and dates will change over the Christmas and New Year period, so please check online before visiting. HRCs that normally open on Fridays will be open on Christmas Eve, 24 December, from 10am but will close at 1pm. All HRCs will be closed on Saturday 25 December, Sunday 26 December and Saturday 1 January 2022.
Waste collection calendar | Household Recycling Centre opening times
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂