Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
First up, the Post Office in Keevil (and Steeple Ashton) will not be open for the next two weeks (23rd and 30th November) due to COVID. Also, the road through Cold Harbour will be closed on Monday and Tuesday for carriageway resurfacing, ironwork adjustment, road markings and associated maintenance, so if you’re heading out that way, you’ll need to reroute either via the A361, or Steeple Ashton.
- The Walking Group are out on Tuesday for a light bimble around Bradford-on-Avon, and then the next ramble on Wednesday 1st December around the lovely Marston Park and Frome valley – see page for full details;
- You know Christmas is nearly here when it’s time for the Church Christmas Coffee Morning: Saturday 4th December 10am-12noon in the village hall.;
- The Mobile Library will be back on Monday 6th December 10.35 – 10.55 outside Rose and Crown Cottages at Stocks Green;
- The relaunched formerly-known-as-tea’n’chat 1st TUESDAY CLUB is going from strength to strength, and will be back in the village hall 2.30-4pm on Tuesday 7th December;
- The School will be holding their Carol Services at St Leonard’s Church on Monday 13th December (1.30pm), Tuesday 14th & Wednesday 15th December (6.00pm), and Friday 17th December (9.15am), so there will be additional parent traffic and parking around these times.
- There’s a special Christmas edition of Breakfast In Church on Saturday 18th December – with mulled wine and mince pies as well as bacon butties and tea/coffee, and of course carols playing. Serving from 9.30am until 11.30am, only £3 with all profits going to the Church Restoration Fund – so don your best (or worst!) Christmas jumper or a silly Santa hat and come join the fun!
One more new Planning Application for Keevil; the Parish Council is expected to issue notice of a Planning Meeting on Monday 6th December in due course:
- Planning Application PL/2021/10543 and PL/2021/10760 (Listed Building Consent) at 9 Main Street for the erection of a detached house, garaging, landscaping and associated external works. You can view or download plans and documents here or make comments here. Consultation deadline Friday 17th December 2021, Decision deadline Monday 3rd January 2022
It’s been said many times, but Keevil WI is most definitely not all jam and cakes! With the help of the Shed to re-position the bench by the pond, last weekend the WI started work to create a wildflower area, planting many native bluebell bulbs, primroses and foxgloves in the shady area under the tree. More work will continue in the spring. And for anyone thinking of doing something similar in their own garden, Wiltshire Council have partnered with Natural England to create the Wiltshire Community Environmental Toolkit, packed with information, ideas and resources about creating habitats rich in biodiversity. Read more here and download the toolkit here.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂