Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup– keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
From time to time, the airfield has been used for motorsports in the summer. We’ve just been notified of the scheduled motorsports activity on Keevil Airfield for 2022; the MOD have advised the following dates, and that activity should be complete by 5pm:
- Tuesday 8 March
- Friday 25 March
- Friday 29 April
- Friday 20 May
- Friday 24 June
- Friday 22 July
- Friday 9 September
- Friday 30 September
- Friday 21 October
- Friday 18 November
- Friday 2 December
- The Mobile Library will be making an extra visit to Keevil next Monday 10th January, 10.35 outside the Rose & Crown Cottages at Stocks Green;
- The next meeting of the Parish Council is at 7.30pm on Tuesday 11th January in the village hall, agenda here: Agenda for January 11th 2021_v1.1
- On Wednesday 12th January, the CRAFT GROUP will be meeting in the village hall 1.30-3.30pm, and the WI in the evening for its Fish & Chip supper and Film Night;
- Also on Wednesday 12th the WALKING GROUP will be going for a great little ramble around the Kennet & Avon Canal and River Avon from Semington. Lunch is confirmed at the Somerset Arms, contact walk leader Paul Lenaerts if you would like to join the walk and/or for lunch and for a menu – see page for full details;
- There’s a delicious SOUP & PUD lunch in aid of Church Restoration funds on Saturday 15th January from mid-day in the village hall, with a selection of soups and bread roll with butter, followed by a choice of puddings plus tea or coffee (you can also bring your own drinks) – tickets only £5.00 each from Geoff West 01380 870425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for the February edition of the VILLAGE MAGAZINE is 5pm on Thursday 20th January.
Some useful advice for residents on COVID-19 in the latest Wiltshire Council newsletter…
The self-isolation advice for people with coronavirus (COVID-19) recently changed; it is now possible to end self-isolation after seven days, following two negative LFD tests taken 24 hours apart. The first LFD test should not be taken before the sixth day. If ending self-isolation after day seven as described here, then please limit contact with others wherever possible until after the formal 10-day isolation period would have finished. This guidance also applies to children and young people who usually attend an education or childcare setting.
Lateral Flow Tests at council-run collection sites
Due to the current national increased demand for lateral flow test kits, there is very little stock at Wiltshire Council-run collection sites at Devizes Leisure Centre, Bourne Hill in Salisbury, Monkton Park in Chippenham, Springfield Community Campus in Corsham, Calne Leisure Centre, The Vale Community Campus in Pewsey, and the Nadder Centre in Tisbury, and due to demand it cannot be guaranteed how long the sites will maintain stock. More stock is due – Wiltshire Council will keep their Coronavirus webpage updated with any developments. You can use this LFD postcode checker to find other supplies of lateral flow tests, or order kits on the national website GOV.UK: Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests, this is updated periodically with more kits usually becoming available throughout the day.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂