Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
Writing on yet another wet Saturday and contemplating this evenings glorious Folk On The Boat event (which may be renamed Folk On The ARK at this rate!) it cheers us up no end to bring you sweet memories of our Village Fete the weekend before last – proof, if ever it were needed, that nothing dampens the spirits of Keevilians! We hope you enjoy the gallery selection here 🙂
- At noon on Saturday 4th September Canon Richard East will lead the RAF KEEVIL Annual Service of Remembrance at Stocks Green (see here for updates, photos and history);
- The next Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council will be Monday 6th September 7.30pm in the village hall
- The next meeting of Keevil WI on Wednesday 8th September should be in the village hall and will be a talk on Pelham Puppets – business meeting starts at 7.30 and the speaker at 8pm.
- Motorsport events are occasionally held on the airfield in the summer, and there are plans for Friday 10th and 24th September with set-up the day before. Rob Kevan liaises with the organisers, please contact him with any queries. There will be rotary (helicopter) activity from 20th-23rd September.
- The Keevil Ramblers have two exciting walks coming up in September: a scenic 3-mile BIMBLE on Tuesday 14th around the Orchardleigh Estate in Lullington, and a smashing 4.25-mile RAMBLE on Wednesday 22nd from Bratton to the Westbury White Horse – see page for details;
- And The George will be popping up again for PUB NIGHT on 17th September in the village hall – the Bar Stewards of the Fun Committee will be looking forward to welcoming you all once again!
The Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) for the financial year ending March 31 2021 has now been submitted to the external auditors. The public has the right to inspect these accounts, please see the Parish Council website for full details.
Bus service consultation still open until Monday
Wiltshire Council are interested in everyone’s views on the future of local bus services, including those
who don’t currently use buses. They want insights, habits and thoughts on how the pandemic has affected things – the
feedback will really help shape their thinking and make a difference to their plans.
The survey runs until 23 August 2021. Find it online at Bus Service Improvement Plan survey, hard copies will soon be available at libraries and the council’s main hubs.
Following some chat on the village Facebook group, Dave Bouault asked us to Buzz that the 2021 Bike Bath event Sunday 22nd August will see three of the nine routes coming through Keevil tomorrow morning – two of the Devizes starts and one of the Frome rides. This is an annual event that has been rescheduled from earlier this year because of Covid-19 restrictions; the rides are not billed as a race, and raise funds for the Dorothy House Hospice and other charities.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂