Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
The sunshine made a rare appearance today as many villagers, representatives of the Sappers, and others gathered at Stocks Green for the RAF KEEVIL Annual Service of Remembrance led this year by Canon Richard East (see here for more information on this important event in our village history).
- Not many chances left to catch some village cricket round at the pretty Manor ground – there’s home games against Frome tomorrow, next Saturday against Urchfont, and the last of the season on 19th against Erlestoke – all 1pm starts;
- The CRAFT GROUP starts again next Wednesday 8th September,1.30-3.30 in the village hall;
- The next meeting of Keevil WI on Wednesday 8th September will be in the village hall, with a talk on Pelham Puppets from 8pm;
- The Keevil Ramblers have two exciting walks this month: an easy 3-mile BIMBLE on Tuesday 14th around the pretty Orchardleigh Estate in Lullington (NOTE lunch bookings needed by Tuesday 7th please), and a smashing 4.25-mile RAMBLE on Wednesday 22nd from Bratton to the Westbury White Horse – see page for full details of both walks;
- The MOBILE LIBRARY will be back on Monday 13th September, 10.35 – 10.55 outside Rose and Crown Cottages at Stocks Green;
- Also the ART GROUP meets next on Wednesday 15th September 10am-12.30 in the village hall
- And don’t forget (as if you would) The George is popping up again for PUB NIGHT on 17th September in the village hall from 7-11pm – open to all and family-friendly, no booking required, and a free ploughman’s with your first drink!
The next Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council is this Monday 6th September 7.30pm in the village hall Agenda Agenda for September 6th 2021. Draft minutes of previous meetings are also available on the PC website.
Our lovely tea and chat afternoons ceased in early 2020 due to the covid-19 pandemic, and now after many years with a teapot in her hand, Pauline Bennett has passed the apron to Bob Ayres, who will be relaunching next month as the 1st TUESDAY CLUB on October 5th 2.30-4pm in the village hall. Come and join your neighbours for a cup of tea or coffee, a bit of cake, and some friendly conversation… very informal, just turn up, everyone welcome! (don’t forget the Post Office is also open)…
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂