Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
And after the weather wipeout at Music@theManor the weekend before last, we’re all holding our breath for the Church and Village Fete this coming Saturday 7th August – so much hard work goes into this icon of village life, and after last year’s lockdown summer we’re all really looking forward to it! Do come along if you can, there’s going to be loads going on including the fabulous Clare’s Circus entertaining children in the arena – it promises to be a smashing afternoon!
Annual RAF Keevil Remembrance 2021
Every September for twenty five years, villagers and friends have gathered at Stocks tree for a short Service of Remembrance, to honour the memory of all those brave men who flew from Keevil airfield as part of the D-day and Arnhem operation. The service didn’t take place last year due to the pandemic, but next month on Saturday 4th September at noon the RAF KEEVIL Annual Service of Remembrance, led by Canon Richard East, will be going ahead. See here for updates, photos and history of the RAF Keevil/Arnhem remembrance services.
Also coming up…
- Next week Thursday 12th August the Keevil Ramblers will be off for another easy-going walk of about 4.5 miles around the Radstock area, with lunch at the Faulkland Inn. Menu here, please let Rachel or Tony know you’re coming and pre-order your meal by Sunday 8th August.
- For all you bookworms, the Mobile Library is back on Monday 16th August 10.35 – 10.55 outside Rose and Crown Cottages at Stocks Green
- Deadline for articles for the September edition of the Village Magazine is Thursday 19th August 5pm
- From time to time motorsport events are held on the airfield in the summer; the next event is planned for Friday 10th September 2021. Rob Kevan liaises with the organisers, if you have any queries, you can contact him at email@example.com or 07503 212965
- Save the date! The Harvest Supper is back on Saturday 25th September – if you’re new to the village, this event is legendary!
Two new planning applications have been been received at Parish Council HQ:
- The Lamb Inn, The Strand PL/2021/07000 for demolition of existing outside dining facilities and play equipment and construction of new Alfresco dining areas, kitchen and pizza oven with servery/bar and entertainment stage, and a new access corridor to bar areas of the Inn. Plans and documents here. Comments here. Consultation deadline Friday 3rd September.
- Twyfords Farm, 101 The Strand PL/2021/06740 for partial demolition of existing single storey rear extension and replacement extension, works to form new shower room, chimney lift and associated works. Plans and documents here. Comments here. Consultation deadline Wednesday 25th August.
A350 Melksham Bypass
Don’t forget, if you want to comment on the next stage of consultation on the A350 Bypass proposals you have until Sunday 8th August – and there’s a final drop-in session at Melksham Library on Friday 6 August 9.30am to 1pm.
Wiltshire Councillor Jonathan commented at our Parish Council meeting in June that the 10c route is indicative, and what you see on the map may not be the final line. See here for the latest consultation documents and other information, or watch a fly through of the proposed route here.
Have your say on the latest consultation about our bus services
Wiltshire Council are interested in everyone’s views on the future of local bus services, including those
who don’t currently use buses. They want insights, habits and thoughts on how the pandemic has affected things – the
feedback will really help shape their thinking and make a difference to their plans.
The survey runs until 23 August 2021. Find it online at Bus Service Improvement Plan survey, hard copies will soon be available at libraries and the council’s main hubs.
There’s a temporary road closure on the B3098 (Part), Westbury and Bratton; from Bitham Park to Court Lane, anticipated till 11th August between the hours of 07:00 and 19:00. You can see a full list of roadworks taking place in the county by visiting the One Network map and typing ‘Wiltshire’ into the search box.
Does your garden border one of our roads or pavements? With all the summer rain lately, vegetation everywhere has put on a growth spurt, so it’s worth checking to see if shrubs or overhanging branches need cutting back so that villagers – especially those walking with aids or using mobility scooters – can pass easily, and motorists have clear lines of sight. Thanks a million in advance!
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂