Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
The Watchkeeper trials on Keevil Airfield have been going really well according to the latest stakeholder update from the 47th Regiment Royal Artillery 47thRA_20210719-Stakeholder_Engagement_Letter-V3-O, which details the success of the trials so far, as well as the importance of keeping outside the perimeter fence during operating hours. The 47th are keen to have an Open Day for the public at some stage, but the first step is likely to be a briefing on the airfield for both Keevil and Steeple Ashton Parish Councils next week – watch this space!
Talking of airborne matters, congratulations to Julia Peel for completing her WING WALK – and raising a supersonic total of £2000 for Wiltshire Air Ambulance – WELL DONE!!
- There might be a few spare tickets left for Music@theManor on Saturday, do come and enjoy the company of fellow villagers and dance the night away in the lovely grounds of the Manor;
- Art group is back! The regular schedule starts again on 4th & 18th August 10am-12.30pm – the £2 session charge covers coffee and biscuits, contact Pat Tucker for deets;
- Excitement is mounting for the Church and Village Fete on 7th August – Clare’s Circus will be entertaining children in the arena! There’ll be games, balloon modelling, circus skills, face painting, juggling, plate spinning, magic shows, and races – so round up your families and friends, borrow grandchildren, godchildren and any other willing youngsters you can find, it promises to be a smashing afternoon!
- On Thursday 12th August the Keevil Ramblers will be off for another easy-going walk of about 4.5 miles around the Radstock area, with lunch at the Faulkland Inn – please contact Rachel and Tony Howe (01380 870661) if you wish to join the walk (before Sunday 8th August as lunch will be pre-ordered).
- SAVE THE DATE! Next Pub Night in the village hall is planned for Friday 17th September.
- The next Parish Council meeting takes place in the village hall at 7.30pm next Monday 26th July, the agenda is here: Agenda for July 26th 2021.
- Before that, from 4-4.30pm in the afternoon, you’ll have the opportunity to meet with our MP Dr Andrew Murrison, who’ll be in Keevil to listen to any concerns of villagers, and who would like his help or advice.
- The next stage of non-statutory consultation on the A350 Melksham Bypass runs until Sunday 8th August – see here for the latest consultation documents and other information, watch a fly through of the proposed route here;
- Need some childcare ideas for the holidays? Wiltshire Council have created a childcare and activity directory which includes details of activities on offer including charges, accessibility and location;
- And if all ALL THAT isn’t enough to send you back to the deckchair for a rest, remember polls open on 19 August for the rerun of the Police and Crime Commissioner Election
Recently on the village Facebook group there was some discussion of tick removal (we know, we know, please contain your excitement, lol!) – so here are some resources for you should you ever need them…
- Wiltshire Council Public Health: Tick awareness and information page, and leaflet
- Public Health England tick awareness advice
- Watch PHE’s tick awareness video to find out more…
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂