Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with all the good news and happy happenings in our wonderful village, whatever the weather 🙂
Things to look forward to…
- The 9.15am Sunday Service at St Leonard’s started again last week; the live-streamed service will also continue from St James’ at 10:45am for those who should still stay home;
- Eric Lepine’s POP-UP TAKEAWAY will be back in the village next Saturday 20th March in the gateway of Blagden House 5.30-7pm – anyone driving can easily park on Main Street to make their collection. There will also be special (chilled) Sunday lunches for Easter Sunday on 4th April. See page for full details;
- The WI will be holding their next meeting on Wednesday 14th April via Zoom, and will include one of John Tucker’s legendary talks on the History of Aspirin;
- Keevil Cricket Club will be starting the new season on Saturday April 17th – Government guidance depending, and with ECB final regulations expected soon plus all the precautions incorporated last year – watch this space for further news…
- Subject to confirmation of Government guidelines, Music@Manor21 marking VE Day 75 + 1 is planned for Saturday 10th July, with the Salisbury Big Band performing;
- DATE CHANGE!!! Folk on the Boat has been rescheduled to Friday 16th July! See page for details;
- The Keevil Walking Group walks and bimbles are set to recommence from JULY, and will be following all the safety guidance laid down by the Ramblers Association.
- Final summary report of the Transport Working Group is here
- Planning Application 21/00476/FUL for a new steel frame and timber clad cattle barn at Westwood Farm, 3 Main Street has been APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS | Case Officer report here
- Planning Application 21/02054/PNCOU for a Change of Use to form a single detached dwelling house at New Hurst Farm, Keevil was discussed as an un-agenda’d item at the Parish Council meeting on March 1st.
- Audio of the Parish Council meeting on 1st March is here
Elections will be taking place on Thursday 6 May for the Police and Crime Commissioner elections, Town and parish elections, and Unitary elections. Wiltshire Council’s Electoral Services team will be ensuring that all polling stations are as safe as possible for you to visit, although the preference is that you vote by post [97.57KB]. The deadline to register for a postal vote for the 6 May elections is 5pm on 20 April.
Thinking of standing as a candidate in our parish election?
- Guidance for candidates here from the Electoral Commission;
- Guidance from Wiltshire Council here;
- WC’s Electoral Services held a candidates briefing webinar can be found on YouTube: unitary, town and parish webinar, 24 February 2021;
- You can also take a look at the questions and answers [30.46KB] from the webinar.
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah – #StaySafe 🙂