Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you up to date with news and events in our wonderful village! Not that there has been much in the way of events lately, as the inevitable increase of pandemic precautions bites once again. Although it was obviously the right decision to postpone the Safari Sale last weekend, it was nevertheless a shame not to be enjoying such a novel adventure! But it will be back on the calendar as soon as guidelines permit 🙂
- The deadline for the October edition of the village magazine is tomorrow Thursday 24th September at 5pm
- Although it’s so sad we don’t have the legendary Harvest Supper to look forward to this weekend, there is still the Harvest Festival in St Leonard’s Church on Sunday 27th September at 9.15am
- It would normally be Food bank Friday this week, but with Harvest Festival on Sunday, Janet will be going on Tuesday next week instead, so if you have anything, pop it in the collection box in the church porch by Monday afternoon.
Parish Council matters
There will be an Extra Meeting of the Parish Council this coming Monday 28th September, 2020, at 7.30pm, which will include new councillors co-opted at the last meeting. Once again held via Zoom, the agenda is here: Keevil Parish Council – Agenda for September 28th 2020
Two planning applications are on the agenda (all details on the Planning matters page):
- 20/06266/FUL for change of use from agricultural field to dog exercise area on the field to the west of Westwood Farm, Main Street, BA14 6LU
- 20/07613/FUL for an agricultural tractor and feed barn at Baldham Cottage 96 Baldham, Seend SN12 6PW
Members of the public are invited to attend and you can access the meeting directly using the links given in the agenda, on the website, and below, there is now no need to register with the clerk in advance. However, if you wish to make comments at the meeting, you will still need to forward a short statement to the Clerk at least 24 hours beforehand, which he will read out for you.
- To join by video https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3628374062?pwd=YkdXcjlFR0w0cXdEQjN3cTZmUkM4UT09
Meeting ID: 362 837 4062 Passcode: 252714
- To join by telephone dial either of these numbers
0203 481 5240 – 0203 901 7895 – 0131 460 1196 – 0203 051 2874 – 0203 481 5237
- (When joining the Meeting please make sure your video/audio is OFF/MUTED).
- Clerk details: Richard Culverhouse, Clerk to Keevil Parish Council email: firstname.lastname@example.org
97 Heather Shaw, Trowbridge, Wiltshire BA14 7JT | Telephone 01225 777606 or 07785 547176
As you all know, the annual RAF Keevil Service of Remembrance we hold at Stocks tree in September to honour the memory of all those brave men who flew from Keevil airfield as part of the D-day and Arnhem operation was regretfully Covid-cancelled this year.
However, two of our awesome Cycling Sapper friends still made their own informal trip to lay a wreath at the Memorial Plaque and, we are reliably informed, check out the lunch menu at The Barge, which we understand remains more than up to standard! Thanks to Myra Link for forwarding the message and images from Chris and Ian!
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah #StaySafe