Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
Only two more sleeps till Saturday and our fabulous Village Fete in the main grounds of the Manor from 2.30pm, there will be fun for all the family so do come along! And don’t forget the lovely lads of our Cricket Club are at home against Bradford On Avon, and have organised a fantastic BBQ in support of PINK SATURDAY on the bank behind the Manor from 1pm until 9pm. Read the full story how Pink Saturday was born across the Wiltshire Cricket League, and supports both teams and breast cancer research.
How much do you love cake? I know, really daft question – but if you love to bake and can spare half an hour to make something for Helen & Penny’s Cake Stall at the fete, they would be most grateful! Get in touch with Helen via contact details in the MAY magazine.
- This Monday 1st July is the next meeting of Keevil Parish Council, starting slightly earlier than normal at 7pm as it will be followed by a Q&A session on the Village Survey, and the chance to sign up to working groups around key issues. If you’ve never been to a Parish Council meeting before, then please come to this one! And if you can’t make it but would like to join a group or make a view known, get in touch with a councillor before the meeting, contact details here.
- Don’t forget Suzanne Wickham is organising Defibrillator & CPR training – if you’d like to attend you need to email her by 1st July, 20 people are needed to make it viable…
- Tuesday 2nd July it’s time for Tea & Chat in the village hall – always an excellent source of cake and conversation, plus of course pop in to the Post Office if you need to!
- Another night of utter mystery and almost uncontainable suspense awaits next Saturday 6th July as the Drama Group sets the stage alight with this years murderous capers and dinner – book now, tickets go fast!
- Geoff is leading a gorgeous walk for the RAMBLERS on Tuesday 9th July – about 5 1/2 miles around the Marlborough Downs with lunch at the Outside Chance – contact Geoff if you’re coming 🙂
Our Neighbourhood Watch team recently reported an Amazon delivery left at a villager’s property going astray, with the packaging discovered in a nearby field. In addition, the area Crime Update report for 10th-17th June 2019 noted the following incident:
54190055600 Crime Criminal Damage 10/06/2019 12:27 MAIN STREET, KEEVIL, (ED13) Unknown suspect has smashed the window to a garage of an unoccupied property sometime during the last 3 weeks.
Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator Paul Lenaerts has this timely comment: “You may have noticed new yellow bin stickers appearing warning potential baddies that Keevil has an active Neighbourhood Watch scheme. The Parish Council purchased 100 of these and most have been ‘cascaded’ out to Co-ordinators”. If you would like one, ask your Co-ordinator, or Paul (firstname.lastname@example.org) who has the remaining supply.
Wiltshire Community Messaging recently released a joint message from Wiltshire Police and Neighbourhood Watch, and reiterated:
“Please remember what may appear trivial to you can be a significant piece of intelligence for the Police investigations. It is not just Neighbourhood Watch members but all local residents who can make the difference in keeping our communities safe – small pieces of detailed information from communities can help the Police solve crime, as well as alerting them to potential criminal activity.
Telephoning 101 leads you to trained staff who can help gather all the information, [and] a new online report button on the Wiltshire Police site allows you to provide information if that is your preferred method.”
Do you love a good read? Don’t forget the Mobile Library stops in the village once a month, why not go have a browse when it’s next here on Monday 22nd July…
That’s all for now folks! Keep spreading the word with your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!
Bob & Sarah