Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
Saturday’s Art Exhibition was a huge success, with over £715 raised for the Tulip Fund in the name of Dr Neil Jones, for Dorothy House Hospice Care. “We were so pleased with the response” said Pat Tucker, “thank you everyone! The whole Art Group turned out to help, and there was a great friendly atmosphere all day. Thanks also to my husband, without whose DIY skills we could not have managed.”
A gallery of images will be posted once yours truly returns from a much-needed holiday!
- Tea & Chat on Tuesday 7th May – there may be cake…
- Cricket season is here! Saturday 11th May sees KCC at home for a league game v Lacock, and Sunday 12th May for a home friendly v Broughton Gifford – do go and support if you can, the boys would love to see you and it is the MOST idyllic setting in Wiltshire!
- Monday 13th May is the Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Parish Council Meeting in the village hall at 7pm – this is one of the most important dates in the PC calendar, so do come along if you can. Some preliminary results from the Village Survey will also be presented.
- The inaugural Keevil Bimblers bimble on 21st May. June dates are also up on the website so take a look and get your diary out!
- Also on Tuesday 21st May it’s the 150th Birthday Celebrations of Keevil Primary School in St Leonards Church – all residents are invited and there will be refreshments afterwards in the school hall.
- Don’t forget the Boutique In A Bus will be parked up on the drive at Little Martins on Wednesday 22nd May from 1.30pm – Rachel will also be serving tea and cake in aid of Dorothy House so do pop along.
STOP PRESS! There’s been a change of plans for the Keevil Railway Heritage Group trip on 4th September, which will now be to the delightful Swanage Railway and include some time in the beautiful village of Corfe, home of the iconic Corfe Castle. If you haven’t booked, there are still a few places but they will go quickly so get in touch with Rachel or Tony Howe – all details over on the web page…
One of the highlights of our summer, the Church & Village Fete on 29th June in the Manor grounds – if you can help with items for prizes and stalls see the May Parish News for details.
That’s all for now folks! Keep spreading the word with your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!
Bob & Sarah