No, neither could we. But that’s how many cats ONE UNSPAYED FEMALE and her offspring could produce over a 4 year period. Sobering, isn’t it?
RSPCA launches free neutering scheme on World Spay Day: 26th February 2019
RSPCA Wiltshire Mid Branch is organising a cat neutering campaign, in conjunction with Cats Protection Frome and District Branch, to commence on World Spay Day 26th February and continue until 30th April 2019.
Both organisations wish to encourage cat and kitten owners to have their pets neutered, particularly those who might struggle to do so because of cost. Under this campaign they will help those owners who cannot afford to pay for the operation and aftercare themselves by paying the vet costs for them. You do not have to be receiving benefits to apply for help.
They will also consider undertaking the free neutering of any feral cats that can be brought to a vet by members of the public, subject to the ability and willingness of such persons to catch and return the animals and follow the vet’s guidance on aftercare. Please tell them if the application is for feral cats.
- Cats and kittens will be accepted for treatment from the towns of Devizes, Frome, Melksham, Trowbridge, Warminster and Westbury and the surrounding villages.
- You can apply for financial help with the cost of neutering by filling in the CNC2019 form. If you have any questions please contact them by e-mail at: email@example.com or telephone 07494 240622. You can apply from 26th February to 30th April 2019. They will reply within 3 days with your voucher number which you will need when you contact the vets to make an appointment.
- If your vet is not participating in the campaign a suitable alternative will be agreed with you.
- There is no time limit applied to the vouchers once issued, so if your kitten is too young at the time you can still have the neutering done later.
- After the operation the vets will invoice RSPCA Wiltshire/Cats Protection who will pay them direct. Please note that the campaign is intended to cover the cost of the neutering operation and all aftercare advised by your vet. Costs for procedures or treatment not directly connected with the neutering operation cannot be accepted under this campaign. If you have concerns or questions about this please contact by e-mail or telephone (see above) before filling in the form.
RSPCA Wiltshire Mid Branch will be responsible for the costs of neutering in the following postcode areas only:
BA12 0, BA12 7, BA12 8, BA12 9
BA13 2, BA13 3, BA13 4
SN10 1, SN10 2, SN10 3, SN10 4, SN10 5
SN12 6, SN12 7, SN12 8
SP3 4 (Tilshead only)
Cats Protection Frome and District Branch will be responsible for the costs of neutering in Trowbridge and Frome and the surrounding area. Please use the same CNC2019 form for applications from all areas covered by the campaign.