Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
The Keevil Ramblers were out in force again last week, and thoroughly enjoyed the company of the Tasmanian branch of the West family. Some snaps here 🙂 and don’t forget to book in with Bryan Banfield for a stroll around Calne on Wednesday 12th December
Good luck to the Drama Group for tonight’s opening of OUTSIDE EDGE – tickets for Friday are sold out, but you might just grab one for tonight or Saturday if you’re really lucky. Break a leg, everyone, you will be fantastic!
- Christmas will soon be starting in the village! First up will be the Christmas Coffee Morning on Saturday 1st December, then the Village Christmas Shopping Evening on Thursday 6th December – you haven’t finished your Christmas Gifting until you’ve been 🙂
- And if you haven’t got your tickets for Belshazzar’s Feast’s Two Wise Men show, and the New Year’s Eve Dance in the village hall then you better move quick as they are all selling fast!
Updates, links and details on the planning page
- Application 18/08945/FUL, a garage conversion to accommodation & single storey rear extension at Orchard House 72A Martins Road has been APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS.
- Application 18/07717/FUL, to develop a 3 bedroom house on land at Martins Road (behind the recently refurbished terraced cottages) has been WITHDRAWN.
- If you haven’t heard about the ADOPT-A-DRAIN scheme to keep our village waterworks flowing, where have you been? Head over to the website for more details.
- Draft minutes for the last Parish Council Meeting in November are now available here; the next meeting is 7th January 2019 starting at 7.30pm.
- Theatre Group trip to see CALENDAR GIRLS THE MUSICAL July 11th 2019: this may seem like really early warning, but numbers and bookings will need to be finalised in January, so be an early bird!
That’s all for now. Do encourage your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!
Bob & Sarah