Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
With the brand new floor all finished the village hall is bursting with activity, with pilates, yoga and zumba gold all running classes, and many village groups starting their autumn schedule, including the Art Group, Craft Group, and Keevil Singers.
- Monday 3rd September: is the next Parish Council Meeting, at 7.30pm sharp. There is always a chance to share thoughts and suggestions during the public consultation, and very interesting to listen to the considerations of concillors throughout the meeting itself.
- Tuesday 4th September: 2.30pm – come and catch up with all the gossip over a lovely cuppa with cake at the monthly Tea & Chat
- Saturday 8th September: there will be a planning meeting of councillors at 9.30am at the site behind the newly converted cottages in Martins Road to discuss an application for a 3-bedroom house. As with council meetings, anyone is welcome to attend, voice their views during the consultation section, and observe the rest of the meeting.
- Wednesday 12th September: Pat is holding a Coffee Morning at 10am at Willow House to raise funds for Wiltshire Air Ambulance #GetYourBakeOn appeal – go on, you know you need more cake!
- Saturday 15th September: Curate Jane Palmer will lead the RAF Keevil Remembrance service at 12 noon, at Stocks Tree, and we look forward to welcoming Gerry Taggart and the Cycling Sappers once again.
- Also on Saturday 15th September: from 11am – 1pm, the Visiting Aircraft Static Display for local residents is back on at Keevil Airfield – bookmark the page as this is where you’ll see details how to obtain your free entry ticket!
- 18/04803/FUL Elmleaze Farm – application to convert old cow shed to 3-bed dwelling: as reported in the last BUZZ, this application was refused on 9th August but we are still awaiting publication of the decision letter on the planning portal.
- 18/06474/PNCOU New Hurst Farm: application for change of use of old calving unit to 5-bed dwelling: the development will go ahead as the decision was made on 20th August that it is Permitted Development
- 18/07717/FUL Land at Martins Road (behind the recently refurbished terraced cottages): PLANNING MEETING Saturday 8th at 9.30am at the site to discuss application for 3-bed dwelling.
Links to the planning portal for all application documents and letters of representation can be found on the Planning Matters page.
That’s all for now. Do encourage your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW us too, we promise you won’t be bombarded!