Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with happenings in Keevil village come rain or shine…
There’s a Parish Council meeting tonight starting at 7.30pm in the village hall – it’s a packed agenda (download it here 6th March Agenda) and includes some planning applications which the council would be glad to hear your views on, so do come along.
Also, the Annual Keevil GBSC Litter Pick will be on Saturday 1st April this year, this event is really great fun and actually hugely satisfying when you see the piles of rubbish we manage to clear from our lovely hedgerows! deets on the Community Shed page here. Also (admittedly this is not the neatest of seques, but info is also on the Shed page) – if your home borders a public pavement or footpath, just a reminder to check for any overhanging growth that may impede pedestrians or buggies and get it trimmed back before our feathered friends start nesting in it 🙂
- Time for a little afternoon tea and cake tomorrow Tuesday 7th March with 1st Tuesday 2.30-4pm in the village hall – Post Office also open, and with any luck Laura’s hens will still be happy and laying!
- The CRAFT GROUP now meets at Magpies, still every other Wednesday 2-4pm – this month it’s 8th and 22nd March;
- The ART GROUP will meet again on 15th March 10-12.30 in the village hall – if you think you might enjoy some quiet creative time with others of like minds, you’ll be assured a warm welcome and lots of encouragement;
- The Walking Group has a smashing spring programme lined up with something for everyone – so there’s no excuse for not getting your boots on and joining friends for a stroll 🙂 First up on Wednesday 22nd March is a 6-mile countryside ramble around Cley Hill (near Warminster) with lunch at The Royal Oak, Corsley. Then the first of our local family-friendly weekend walks on Saturday 15th April with a circular walk of 2.5 miles to Bulkington and the option to lunch at The Well or picnic in Bulkington village recreation ground, before the 1.5 mile stroll home. And if a nice little bimble is more your thing, on Wednesday 19th April there’s lovely circular walk of 3.5 miles around Seend, Seend Cleeve and along the canal, with lunch at The Brewery Inn – see page for full details;
- Hot bacon and sausage butties are on the St Leonard’s kitchen menu with BREAKFAST IN CHURCH on Saturday 1st April, no booking needed just come and enjoy a natter with friends. Times to be confirmed but as it’s the Annual Litter Pick that morning, BIC may be more of a brunch affair so that butties are available for pickers after their labours!
- SKITTLES night is back at last! at a new venue, the uniquely fabulous Tuckers Grave Inn on 13th April – deets on the page 🙂
- Saturdays Folk Night is of course SOLD OUT (there’s a waiting list so if you booked but can’t go, let the organisers know); but get your tickets booked for FOLK ON THE BOAT on 19th May, with special guests Fly Yeti Fly.
We at TeamKV are super glad to welcome our new apprentice web administrator to the team! Andie Van Poeteren has kindly volunteered to help with content development here on the village site, and we’re so grateful to her for giving up her time. Andie’s a writer in her own right (see what we did there, lol) and, although she’s new to web publishing, she’s a fast learner and we can’t wait for the fresh ideas and new perspectives we know she’ll bring.
Andie has built two new pages, one for the new Keevil Roots Summer Festival, and one for village Coronation events, and will be adding to these over the next few weeks – we’ll keep you posted 🙂
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Andie, Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂