Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with happenings in Keevil village come rain or shine, ice or snow!
You definitely can’t miss that its Christmas in the village now – so many beautiful lights, advent windows and festive decorations going on everywhere you look, and more still to come. Download and print off a list of the Advent windows here: advent trail 2022
And whilst we’re on the subject of being dazzled by lights, let’s not forget how our village stars were shining brightly in the footlights a few weeks ago… huge thanks to the Drama Group – actors, backstage, and of course the kitchen team – for an absolutely terrific murder-mystery production and supper in the village hall – the first since 2019, before the pandemic. We know it takes a lot of commitment to pull off these brilliant shows, they are such a vital part of our village life and we hope Keevil am-dram is around for a long time to come. Gallery of stills now up on the village website here 🙂
- Tomorrow morning’s Christmas BREAKFAST IN CHURCH Saturday 17th December (at the later time of 9.30-11.30am) promises to be a lively affair in great company – hot bacon or sausage butties washed down with a cuppa, just turn up, you’re guaranteed a warm welcome, and remember, this isn’t a service, just a community enjoying each other’s company in our lovely church space. And probably wearing Christmas jumpers 😉
- On Monday 19th December at 6.30pm there will be a Candlelit Carol Service in St Leonard’s Church followed by wine and nibbles;
- Our traditional CAROL SINGING AROUND THE VILLAGE is on Tuesday 20th December, meeting at 6pm outside the village hall. Do dress warm and bring a torch!
- And finally for 2022, a NEW YEARS EVE PARTY evening with music and dancing in the village hall…from 8pm, bring your own food and drink, deets on the page folks 🙂
The 2023 diary is already filling up – more on the next Roundup, but for now, just a reminder of…
- 1st Tuesday Club on Tuesday 3rd January, cuppas and cake (of course you need more cake!) 2.30-4pm in the village hall;
- The Art Group starts back on Wednesday 4th January – all are very warmly welcomed no matter what your level of ability is, note a slight increase to £3 per session to cover costs…
- The Mobile Library back on Monday 9th January outside Rose and Crown Cottages at Stocks Green, 10.35-10.55am;
- And the annual winter SOUP AND PUD LUNCH will be back on Saturday 14th January, 12 – 2pm in the village hall, with a lovely hot bowl of homemade soup (with a bread roll and butter) and a tasty pudding, all washed down with a tea or coffee, only £5.00 per head (profits to the Church Restoration Fund). You can also bring your own drinks, and of course there’ll be a raffle. Book your place with Geoff 01380 870425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Just to remind you, the next Parish Council meeting is on Monday 9th January 2023. If you have any suggestions regarding S137 donations, recreation ground play equipment, or any other new community projects, please get them to Sarah Dow or Rob Kevan, along with an idea of costings, ideally by Christmas so we can include them in budget papers for discussion at the meeting. Full details on the Parish Council website here.
Don’t forget, Paul Lenaerts would love to hear your thoughts regarding a possible Charity Day on Keevil Airfield in 2023. – drop him an email or call: Paul@lenaerts.co.uk, Landline 01380 870186, Mobile: 07855 887547″.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #9moresleeps #MerryChristmas #StaySafe 🙂