Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with happenings in Keevil village come rain or shine.
Don’t ask me how many sleeps, but it’s really not long now till the Keevil Advent Trail, now in it’s 5th year, begins! If you’d like an advent number, there are still some left so contact Jan Maskrey (deets on the WI page), or you could decorate outside your home or something nearby – head over to the Gallery to see some fabulous creative ideas from the last few years.
- Is there a better way to start the weekend than with a nice hot bacon butty and a cuppa? We don’t think so, so it’s just as well it’s BREAKFAST IN CHURCH this Saturday 12th November 9-11am at St Leonards! Just turn up, you’re guaranteed a warm welcome, and remember, this isn’t a church service, there aren’t any hymns, just a community enjoying one another’s company in the beautiful surroundings of our lovely church space.
- On Sunday 13th November at 10.45am we gather for the annual REMEMBRANCE commemoration at the War Memorial. A service in church will follow for those that wish, during which a retiring collection will be made on behalf of the Royal British Legion.
- Remember Thursday 17th November 5pm is the deadline for the VILLAGE MAGAZINE bumper December/January edition;
- Pat and John Tucker are holding a CHEESE & WINE CHARITY FUNDRAISER in aid of Wiltshire Air Ambulance on Saturday 19th November 7.30pm at Willow House, 81a Main Street – tickets £10 in advance from Pat on 871601;
- The Keevil WALKING GROUP has a great ramble planned for Wednesday 23rd November around Maiden Bradley with lunch at the Bradley Hare, led by Geoff West, and on Wednesday 7th December a circular walk from the Cross Keys in Rode out to the pretty village of Lullington led by Sarah Dow – all deets on the page;
- Our delightfully dramatic troop of thespians return AT LAST to the stage with the Drama Group’s MURDER MYSTERY production of I’d Sooner See Him Dead by Richard Adams on Saturday 26th November 7pm for 7.30pm in the village hall – do get your tickets booked, includes a two-course supper – deets on the page, this really is a unique event NOT TO BE MISSED!
Last week we published a note from the Parish Council about the donations made from our Council funds. A couple of requests have come through, but if you’d like to put forward thoughts or an idea, either for the remaining budget in this financial year (the final decision will be made at the January 9th meeting), or for the next FY which starts in April 2023 (the overall budget must be set at the January meeting) – you still have time. Whether as part of an established village group or you have a new village project in mind, get your proposals and costings in before Christmas so that the Clerk and RFO can include them in the draft budget that is presented to Council. Suggestions to Sarah Dow via email@example.com.
Just a reminder for the chicken-keepers in the village of the Avian Influenza mandatory measures that came into force on Monday, requiring birds to be kept indoors due to an increase in the national risk of bird flu in wild birds. Full details and guidance here.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂