Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
And what a week of celebration of our fabulous village community it was! From the Parish Community event to Beacon Bonfires in the field, a waistband-expanding Family BBQ on the Recreation Ground, a brilliant slide show at the Table Top party, and an amazing Jubilee cake after a special church service…
There’s a Jubilee Gallery page here, if you have any photos you’d like added, just get in touch. And a massive Keevilian-size thank you to everyone who helped to make these brilliant events a reality, especially the heroes of the marquee hoist & strike team!
As the village fete is now happening in August, Gerry is holding an Advance Plant Sale at Little Talboys, 12-13 Main Street this Saturday 11 June 10am – 4pm. Gerry tries to offer plants around half the price you would pay at a garden centre, and they are great value. Do come along, all proceeds to the church and village fete. Also, if you have any plant contributions for the sale, or spare empty plant pots, let Gerry know on 870191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also coming soon…
- The Walking Group have two great walks this month, starting with a smashing ramble around the Heytesbury countryside on Wednesday 15th June, and a lovely gentle evening bimble around Corton on Wednesday 29th June, all walk deets on the page;
- Also on Wednesday 15th June you have the Art Group meeting 10-12.30, and the Craft Group 2-4 in the village hall;
- For all you bookworms, the MOBILE LIBRARY is back on Monday 20th June 10.35 – 10.55 outside the Rose & Crown Cottages at Stocks Green;
- And thinking ahead, the deadline for the July/August edition of the VILLAGE MAGAZINE is Thursday 23rd June at 5pm so don’t miss it!
The Annual Parish Community meeting was a very different affair this year, it was so good to see so many of our village groups come together with fun and fabulous displays, as well as opportunities to talk to members of the Wiltshire Air Ambulance, PCSOs from our local Community Policing Team, and 47th Regiment Royal Artillery (47RA) for the Watchkeeper drone system. Thanks to everyone for making the event such a success – and if you missed it, you can download the Councils report here Annual Report 2021-22 and the draft minutes from the meeting part here Community meeting 27 May 2022.
The Parish Council submitted its Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) for 2021-22 to the external auditor well ahead of time this year, and set the period for the Exercise of Public Rights from Monday 6th June to Friday 15th July 2022. See the Parish Council website for full details and to download any documents you wish to inspect.
The team at 47RA have announced their plans for the full Stage 3 consultation for the Airspace Change Proposal, which remains open until 24th August. Full details and how to comment on the page plus a number of local engagement events are planned, starting next week…
- 15th June 2pm Online Briefing via MS Teams
- 17th June 1-5pm Roadshow at Steeple Ashton Village Hall
- 28th June 6.30pm Online Briefing via MS Teams
- 29th June 10am-2pm Open Day at Horne Barracks, Larkhill (booking required for this one)
- 19th July 1-5pm Roadshow at Steeple Ashton Village Hall
- 21st July 6.30pm Online Briefing via MS Team
Wiltshire Council have made a decision of Approved with Conditions on Planning Application PL/2021/10543 at 9 Main Street, for the erection of a detached house, garaging, landscaping and associated external works: you can view or download Decision Notice, Case Officer report and other documents here, representations and comments here.
With great sadness, the Drama Group have announced the cancellation of the forthcoming Murder Mystery production. Over the past year they have lost several key members of the group and, at the outset of rehearsals, another two members have now moved away from the area. The Drama Group has been running for over 50 years but, unless they find some new recruits, the future looks bleak.
If you have any inclination at all toward treading the boards (and this isn’t the Old Vic, its much more fun), please contact Geoff West and hopefully the group can keep going and produce the Murder Mystery later in the year: 01380 870425 or email@example.com
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂