Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
Well, invitations have now been delivered to every household in the Parish, and the main Marquee went up on the Recreation Ground this afternoon ready for the ANNUAL PARISH COMMUNITY MEETING this Friday 27th May… there’ll be heaps more preparations going on Friday too, so now we’re just praying for sunshine so our all our amazing village groups get to show themselves off at their best, and you can enjoy the activities, catch up with friends or meet the new neighbours over a glass of wine or a coffee… plus meet representatives from the Wiltshire Air Ambulance, the 47th Regiment Royal Artillery (Watchkeeper) and our Community Policing PSCO Janet Gould too. Activities start 4.30pm, the Parish Meeting at 6pm. Hope to see you there 🙂
The Marquee will be staying up for the Jubilee Family Celebration & BBQ the following weekend, with fantastic children’s entertainers Claire’s Circus and as the Keevil WI are handling the barbeque, you can bet it will be a cracking feast – remember, there’s no charge for entry but you will need to book your barbecue food tickets ideally by Tuesday 31st May so that all the catering requirements can be met. See the Jubilee Happenings page here for full deets and everything else Jubilee-related in Keevil.
- If you’re feeling a bit arty-crafty, both groups will be meeting on Wednesday 1st June, starting with the Art Group 10-12.30, and the Craft Group 2-4, both in the village hall;
- Saturday 4th June promises to be a marathon of excitement! Start the day well fed with a bacon butty at the BREAKFAST in CHURCH Jubilee special 9-11am, move on to the Keevil Cricket Club at 1pm when the lads are playing a League game vs Heytesbury & Sutton Veny, and finish up at the Recreation Ground for the Jubilee Family Celebration & BBQ which kicks off at 3pm. You could always nip back to see the rest of the cricket later 😉
- On Tuesday 7th June Bob is back in his pinny for 1st TUESDAY CLUB (formerly Tea & Chat) 2.30-4pm in the village hall;
- On Wednesday 8th June the WI will be getting in the zone with a wine tasting and a talk by the always effervescent Jess Jeffrey;
- The Walking Group have something for everyone in June, with a smashing ramble around the Heytesbury countryside on Wednesday 15th June, and a delightful evening bimble around Corton on Wednesday 29th June, full details of all walks on the page;
- One for the diary: after a covid-induced two-year hiatus, the Drama Group is back with another legendary MURDER MYSTERY performance and two-course meal on Saturday 23rd July – full deets and ticket info on the page;
- CHANGE OF DATE: the Church and Village Fete will now be held on Saturday 20th August.
Other Parish Matters
There will be an Extraordinary Meeting of the Parish Council on Monday 30th May at 8.15pm (NOTE the slightly later time) in the village hall: agenda here. The meeting is mainly dealing with the 2021-22 AGAR papers, but there are some other urgent items, including two planning matters:
- PL/2021/03402 for a proposed Change of Use of Agricultural Building to 1 no. Dwellinghouse (Class C3) and associated operational development at Portway Barn, Main Street BA14 6LT
- New plans have been submitted for PL/2021/09143 for the proposed timber climbing frame in the garden at 29 Pyatts Corner BA14 6LY, with Consultation extended to Tuesday 31st May 2022
Note Wiltshire Council decisions of Approved with conditions on the following applications:
- PL/2022/02632 for an outdoor, in-ground swimming pool in the garden at Chattan Wick Farm BA14 6NH
- PL/2021/10381 for a pair of semi-detached dwellings and associated works at 67 Martin’s Road BA14 6NA
ADVANCE PLANT SALE on Saturday 11th JUNE!
Due to the postponement of the village fete until August, Gerry Vaughan is holding a plant sale at Little Talboys, 12-13 Main Street on Saturday 11 June 10am – 4pm. Gerry tries to offer plants around half the price you would pay at a garden centre, and they are fabulous value.
There are also still some tomato plants available now at £1 each, fully hardened off ready for outdoor planting. Please contact Gerry by phone 870191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and do come along on the day with your friends. All proceeds to the church and village fete.
STOP PRESS: Gerry would be delighted to receive any plant contributions from villagers to sell on the day, and also if you have any empty plant pots going spare, recycle them in Gerry’s direction, he could use a few more for potting up all his growing babies 🙂
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂